electrical pm

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcolwell3

Reaction score
What are good study materials for the electrical afternoon? So far, the review manual I have hasn't helped at all.

What are good study materials for the electrical afternoon? So far, the review manual I have hasn't helped at all.
I passed the FE, electrical PM, this April. Heres the advice I would offer:

- Study the AM portion a lot. Its much easier to do good on the AM questions because the study material is so conveniently organized (FE REVIEW MANUAL By Lindeburg). So you can improve a lot quicker and your studying is more efficient sense there is no good "review manual" for the PM portion (at least that I could find).

- Schaum's Outlines helped a TON. They have a book for pretty much every sub section of the PM exam (Power, Circuits, Communications, Digitals, DSP, etc.) and you can find them on amazon for pretty cheap. Although my school library had a few so I just checked them out there. They are very basic, easy to understand, and also have a lot of practice problems. The Schaums Digitals book specifically helped me a lot because I was pretty weak in that area, and the concepts aren't that hard to pick up.

- The practice exams from NCEES are ok (There are 2, one online, one print version). If you learn and know every PM question from these (60 total) your knowledge will know doubt be better than it was before. However, also be prepared for harder questions on the real exam.

- Study the NCEES Reference Manual. If you see an equation in there you dont recognize or feel uncomfortable with, look it up and learn it.

- Other than the above I just looked at some class notes, quizzes, and text books I had from school (specifically my basic circuits book, and my electronics book helped a lot).

Hope this helps! Any other questions, let me know.

Back