Electrical Control System

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCDeere

Reaction score
Anyone here already taken the Control System PE Exam? I'm just curious as to what you thought of it? I am trying to decide whether to take the Control System or just the Electrical... If anyone has any thoughts on that I sure would appreciate it.

I am curious what kind of questions might be asked when discussing PLCs or HMIs...

Just trying to see which one I feel better about.

Thanks,

Bryan

I was in the same dilemma when I went to take the PE. I ended up taking the Electrical Computer Exam because of the shear lack of study materials available for the CSE Exam.

I'm not sure which state you are in, but in California the Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil PEs are in a different category than all the other PEs. They have some extra rights or something. You should check into that as well.

As benbo said only the core engineering disciplines have full PE powers. I know for sure this pertains to sealing drawings.

Unlike wilheldp I've found that the EE-comp exam has pretty minimal exam preparation material. Most because it is a new exam. If you're taking the CSE exam, become an ISA member, and take advantage of the prep materials and standards (they even have free pre-recorded web classes).

I am a CSE by experience. I chose to prepare for the EE-comp because, I get 4 chances (spring/fall) to pass it as opposed to 2 chances (fall only). (Also I knew I'd have more time to study in the spring.)

Back