EET prep course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the EET civil breadth and geotechnical depth courses. Passed first time. The binders are top notch. I felt very well prepared. The instructional videos are very good but it’s the binders that really separate them from from the rest. I used CERM for 1 or 2 questions then the EET binders for the remaining 78 or 79. 10/10 would recommend.

I took EET Breadth and Construction Depth onDemand courses, passing with first try after 10 years out of school. Binders were awesome. I created a mini 1" binder where I took copied pages and equation sheets from the 2 mega binders they mail you. This made it way faster to find what I was looking for. I strongly recommend you do this as flipping through the huge binders would suck up a lot of your time. I put tabs all my binders, code books and reference manuals. I worked all the problems from EET and then two sample exam books from NCEES.

The only thing I found lacking/difficult was the structural review. I feel like EET could have been better here. This section did not have the handy quick reference formula pages like the other sections. I end up borrowing a structures review binder from a friend who did School of PE, which had nice quick reference formula pages. Between the two I had enough to feel comfortable.

I was lucky in that my company paid for the review course, all my references and exam fees. I feel like I used all the references NCEES listed. However, for all but the most random code question EET gave you enough of the tables and such from the codes to be able to solve 95% of the problems.

Don't let EET plain jane website fool you to think they are not the real deal. They are top notch.

Back