EET for Civil Consrtuction!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkpe

Reaction score
I want to thank everybody on this board for their contributions.  I’ve been a lurker and I wanted to give a little bit back to all based on my recent experience.

I passed the Civil PE (depth and breadth) on my first try, and its all because of EETs help.

I strongly endorse EET (Engineering Education and Training) for your Civil PE exam prep. I am a ME PE and have been doing primarily civil construction work over the last few years.  Not having taken any civil courses beyond EET I thought the exam would be a long shot.  

I signed up for the on demand and live classes for the depth and breadth sections. Took my time to study ~6 months, watched the material, used only the practice problem EET provided. I ran out of time, I wanted to practice more but life happened and passed the PE on the first shot.  I went into the exam with the reference material from the review course, bunch of my notes, the CERM, 6 minute solutions and another reference book. 

I found the material to be very efficient, targeted and focused around the actual PE exam problems. The problems in the review course were really close to the PE exam problems almost an exact match.  Same difficulty level, and no real surprises.  

[SIZE=12pt]Follow Samir Eads advice at EET and you should do well![/SIZE]

-Tarek

Congratulations on passing.  I took EET's breadth and depth review (on-demand) but unfortunately I did not pass.  What caught me off guard was how many questions and topics were not on the afternoon exam, things that were covered heavily by EET and other review/practice books I studied.  On my second try in October, I plan to build on what EET taught me and then try other practice problems to broaden my exposure.   Despite failing, I will go through EET's review this fall as I thought their teaching and material were excellent.  For whatever reason, I scored very poorly in scheduling, a topic I really enjoyed during the EET review and one I thought I had a good handle on.  Perhaps I had first-time jitters and didn't comprehend the questions correctly.  Once again, congratulations to you.  

Thanks, jdayrail!  Hope you passed the second time around. Sorry for not responding to you sooner. I only really created a profile to post my experience with EET.  I had a tough time deciding which organization to go with and EET consistently came up on the boards as being the most efficient.  I'm here to reinforce how good these guys are and the material.

I just passed the Seismic principles after taking EET's course with  Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim.  Such an exceptional instructor. He really highlighted the key areas to focus on, however, you have to participate in the lectures to get the full advantage.  There was almost no wasted studying with this course.

They've got a great team of instructors.

Back