Ebola is here, Dallas, Texas

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you need a filtration mask as much as you do some type of full face shield to keep the vomit splatter from getting into your nose, eyes, mouth..

you all jest but you don't know how many times my wife has come home wearing different scrubs because the ones she wore to work have been thrown up on (or worse, believe me there is worse)

I told her this would be a good time for her to look for one of those easy nurse gigs like NICU or something

I'm hoping that with this current case that we have here and the mistakes that were made leading up to his diagnosis, we won't be having nurses or doctors caring for people in just scrubs when they are to the point of vomiting and bleeding due to ebola. They should be in full hazmat suits by that point. Of course, you never know what may happen though and my prayers go out to anyone that is in the medical field (especially hospitals) right now.

you all jest but you don't know how many times my wife has come home wearing different scrubs because the ones she wore to work have been thrown up on (or worse, believe me there is worse)
Oh I've heard the horror stories, my Sister-in-law is a nurse in an ER. It makes me very very happy that I spend most of my day in a cube farm avoiding any form of human contact.

Sounds a like scene from Contagion ...we are all screwed, he has a layover in Dulles, VA and i am only 15 miles away!!!...

Time to buy water, guns, a lot ammos, MRE and a reinforced SUV..

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure where i found the article but the companies working on ebola vaccines are using tobacco plants as the growing medium.

zombie_apocalypse_fightback_review.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29514920

Nurse treating patient infected with the ebola virus....

the CDC lists this disease as a "containment" level threat, which calls for only your typical mask and gloves, yet why is everyone else wearing the full Bio Hazard suits? something is a miss..
wouldn't you feel safer in full bio hazard suit? I wouldn't help in just paper mask and gloves

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29514920

Nurse treating patient infected with the ebola virus....

the CDC lists this disease as a "containment" level threat, which calls for only your typical mask and gloves, yet why is everyone else wearing the full Bio Hazard suits? something is a miss..
An interesting thing in that article - ANOTHER experimental Ebola drug is being tested. There are quite a few of them now, maybe one or more will turn out to be effective.

One thing that has me a little nervous is CDC Director Thomas Frieden's statement on Fox news today, when asked what the CDC is doing, "Just wait, you will see over the next few days". Hmmmm.....

snick- that's what the wife was saying, she looked up what level protecting the CDC says is required its not what they are actually wearing... I think it just goes to show they are saying one thing and doing another...

well the dude in texas died this morning. so if the GF and family don't start showing sympotoms, technically 21 days from body disposal would be the end of the issue in texas

Back