EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That aside, my no sugar deal is going well. Haven't had a sugary drink, candy, or anything other than breakfast cereal with any sugar in it besides fruit. Also noticing that I'm getting hungry more often, but am content with smaller portions. Also, half of my meal always consists of a salad now, so it makes me fuller, quicker.
OMG Supe - LOVE the new avatar. Awesome on the no sugar thing. I too am feeling a lot hungrier with the diet changes. I am trying to fill the hunger with drinking more water first and foremost - seeing if I can prolong so I'm not eating all the time. And if I can't make it, I try to make sure I have something protein to eat... peanut butter, etc. I heard somewhere that protein is better and you don't get the "high" and "low" of sugar as much.

I started snacking on peanuts, rather than tater chips from the machine. usually just have a half handful.

I don't know if that's making a big difference, though...

Good luck everyone! :D

I started snacking on peanuts, rather than tater chips from the machine. usually just have a half handful.
I don't know if that's making a big difference, though...
I think peanuts are far better than the tater chips - especially if you are going for the 'lightly salted' kind.

The thing with peanuts is that there's a fine line between a handful as a healthy snack and a really fatty potentially salty one if you have too many.
I like to snack on nuts, dried fruits, and sunflower seeds. You are right that moderation is still key but I would charge that you will eat less of the nuts, fruits, or seeds than you will of the tater chips.

JR

X2 on the seeds, though spitting shells in the office isn't overly attractive. The seeds will keep your mouth occupied while not actually eating much. Along those lines, I picked up some sugar free hard candies for the office. My coworker made fun of me for buying "grandpa's hard candies", and asked if I'd like a sponge bath and a nap.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Wii Fit. My wife got it for xmas last year (it wasn't a nudge-nudge, wink wink thing. she asked for it). The programs on it are actually pretty good. The "weights" portion of it is a bit weak, but all-in-all a good program.

last christmas everyone I know was into Wii Fit, but 3 months after Christmas no one I knew was still using it.

I own a Wii, and I would never opt for a Wii Fit with really running or going to a gym or real life athletic activity.

Fraz - 3 months after New Year's, do you know anyone who still uses the gym membership they signed up for?

[raises hand] I still use my Wii Fit. I think it's pretty good.

While I can agree that the running part of it is kinda sketchy, I still do the running things on it. I get my "real" running in on the treadmill every other day though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was feeling like blowing off my run today, but now I'm really frustrated. I think I need to run before I break something!

last christmas everyone I know was into Wii Fit, but 3 months after Christmas no one I knew was still using it.
admittedly, we got a Wii Fit last christmas and it almost never gets used anymore. But the Wii calling me fat was a major motivation to examine my fitness and make some changes for the better.

I own a Wii, and I would never opt for a Wii Fit with really running or going to a gym or real life athletic activity.
We're getting our Wii in the next few days for my birthday. I am the good one at finding deals so I bought it and gave it to my MIL who wrote me a check and is now giving it to me for my B-day...do you think I need to act surprised? The annoying thing is that it's been sitting on the counter at her house because we weren't allowed to play until it's officially my B-day gift. I guess I should be grateful, it was originally going to be our Christmas present.

Anyway, my wife said something about getting the new Wii Fit Plus. I certainly can't imagine how it would substitute for a good butt-whooping on the elliptical at the gym, but doesn't it have some 'games' that really get you working up a sweat without even realizing it? I figured it might be a fun way to get in some additional fun excercise in addition to the gym.

I think people should be allowed to join in anytime. :2cents:

Anyway, my wife said something about getting the new Wii Fit Plus. I certainly can't imagine how it would substitute for a good butt-whooping on the elliptical at the gym, but doesn't it have some 'games' that really get you working up a sweat without even realizing it? I figured it might be a fun way to get in some additional fun excercise in addition to the gym.
It's quite surprising how demanding the game can get. Is it the same as the elliptical? No, but it's kinda like swimming in that after you're done you're surprised that you ended up working your body in ways different than you expected.

We don't use ours as much as we used to, but it still comes out about 1 or 2 times a week.

Can I join? I was out of town when all of this started.

I exceeded 185 this morning and my goal is 170.

I was nearly there back in May, after dropping to 172 from 192 over a 5 month period. Then my doctor ruled that my low fat diet had not done the trick, and put me on cholesterol meds, and I celebrated with a pizza and a cheeseburger and a six pack ... repeated for the past 6 months. I was looking good, too. It sucks to hear from friends "what happened? You had lost all that weight and were looking so good?"

Latest posts

Back