East Coast Fires

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's finally raining here in Charlotte.  We had no rainfall from Oct. 8th through Nov. 13th, when we got a misting that was just labeled as measurable.  Now we are expected to have 1" of rainfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes.  I'm glad I didn't get that job in Gatlinburg I was shooting for a few years ago...

Last I've heard, they sent out one of those mobile morgues. Doesn't sound good...hope it's not needed.

Cincinnati is about 4 hours from Gatlinburg...well, it's usually about 5 nowadays because of all the traffic. I can't even count the number of times I've been there, from the time I was a kid to just a couple years ago. We almost went last weekend as kind of a birthday/anniversary trip, but it was last minute and just about everything was booked already since it was the holiday weekend. Part of me wishes we had been able to go so we could have seen it again before the fire. The whole thing makes me sad...every time they show something burned on the news, it's something I remember.

yeah it was a place we went to as a kid a lot.  I know the area has had fires for some time but I think since a lot of people (its the most visited national park in the US) have been there it provides a personal feeling..

I saw this pic on FB and its pretty sad..gat.jpg

I realize the fires are a part of the forest process but its painful to see..  There were a bunch of wildfires  just before we moved to CO and in the 4 short years we have been here a lot of the areas have already naturally replanted with some  aspens. But a good portion of the burned out area is still just a burned out mess

Latest posts

Back