Easiest State to pass PE EXam in?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus..I just lost a few IQ points reading this whole thread. I will never pass the PE now!!!

Military friendly state Georgia! It is.
They give you extra 5 points to your score. If you are eligible for veteran's preference points.

Join the military and have yourself ship to war zone for at least 90 days.

http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/faqs/09%20faqs.htm#Q. How does the NCEES
So if you get a 65 + 5 in Georgia I guess that means you can't apply for license in other states since you wouldn't have passed otherwise?
This is absolutely mind boggling. I would never have believed this if I didn't just read it on the Georgia's Licensing Board web page. Makes no sense to me. You were in a war zone so let's give you a few extra points. Lost a limb? Here is a few more for good measure.

I hope you are kidding. I cannot believe somebody trully think in that way. While I do not agree with the 5 point buffer it is also true that if someone can be good enough to take a weapon and defend our country, he/she must be good enough to receive some benefits out of it. If that benefit is a 5 points head start in the PE test so be it. Who am I to go against that? Who are you?
I disagree. Benefits/recognition is one thing, lowering a standard is another. Giving preferential treatment to subsets of people only waters down the whole process. Should we give an extra 5 points to people with ADD or learning disabilities? How about people with one arm who cant write as quickly? People with deadbeat dads who had a tougher time growing up? Fat people who cant sit in the chair as easily? Conjoined twins with one twin being an art history major? Where does it end? A standard is a standard for a reason, and as applicants it is our responsibility to make sure we meet it.
Funny stuff.

Back