EARLY RESULTS WITH NEW STREAMLINED GRADING!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bambooi

Reaction score
Last year the ncees steamlined the process, but I still had to wait 8 weeks. Is it too early for these threads? :bananalama:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I get to use this guy already!

AwJeez.jpg

^^^ :Locolaugh:

It's never too early. Though I feel for any out there whose state used PCS to administer the examination. :brickwall:

Streamlined NCEES process...haha It took longer to get the "streamlined" NCEES results for the October 2010 test than the previous year utilizing the antiquated system...

It's never too early. Though I feel for any out there whose state used PCS to administer the examination. :brickwall:

Is there a specified technical reason why it takes so long for results to be received? Seems like it's done now just for "tradition" more than anything else. I bet my Dell at work could tabulate the scores, cross reference any irregularities, scale based on the cut score, and find the results in no more than 2-3 days.

We usually know who the freaking president is by the time we go to sleep on election night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am well aware that this wait will take almost every bit of the 10 weeks week scoring period indicated by NCEES. I am hopeful that maybe the bugs in the streamlined process have been worked out even though I doubt this is the case. Regardless, it does feel better to vent and makes the time (10 weeks) go by faster...

You guys are in for a long wait!

The main reason for the scoring delay is what you mentioned (e.g. score test forms, cross-reference irregularities, scale scores, and provide results) in addition to the process of sending results to PCS (or other testing company hired by your state board) for their review and coordination with the state board and then waiting for authorization from the state board to allow PCS (or other testing agency) to release the results. The release of the results is now being done via email (in Pennsylvania at least) so it should expedite the process a little. It appears to be an extremely political process and the testing companies (NCEES/PCS) and state boards must do use up all of the fees collected to offer the test...

Is there a specified technical reason why it takes so long for results to be received? Seems like it's done now just for "tradition" more than anything else. I bet my Dell at work could tabulate the scores, cross reference any irregularities, scale based on the cut score, and find the results in no more than 2-3 days.
We usually know who the freaking president is by the time we go to sleep on election night.

We have a lot of work(trickery) to do these next couple of weeks. muAHAHAuahahAHA! We have to return the favor to the people who wait.

Back