DONE with United Airlines

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One time the Canadian TSA stopped and swabbed my two year old's hands. Lucky thing too as they found traces of nitroglycerin on them. Not that they did anything more about it than say "Sore-ry aboot that" and sent us on our way.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what you're saying is don't let your kids play with the 1970's era chemistry play set they got for X-mas before flying?

I was preparing to go ballistic if they wanted to pat him down.  Luckily, I didn't have to do that, because i would have probably ended up in jail.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/family-says-birthday-cake-got-them-kicked-off-jetblue-flight/Fpk1lJjHiF4GaUCGclq66N/

so what's you all's take on this story?  (Seems there have been several since this guy got rightfully dragged of the united plane ;) I think there was also a family of rich assholes flying back from Hawaii that wanted to use  a child seat or something fishy with the all important Delta airlines! )

Whether or not  the family was rightfully kicked off for the cake I think Jet blue learned from the other incident and made everyone get off the plane and then re-boarded everyone but then conveniently didn't allow the cake family back on.  Probably a better tactic than dragging the guy down the aisle (reminds me of my wedding)

the cake story is a  money-grab if you ask me.  Yeah, let's take a family trip with two small kids to Vegas? for mommy's birthday and we'll take a cake with us.  Freakin' idiots.  Mommy has to wear her b-day blinking light tiara on the plane, too.

"Family plans to sue"  Imagine that.

The problem is that now everyone is a spoiled entitled prick.  They all think they own the airplanes and can do whatever they want because if the airline doesn't give in they'll start screaming for a lawyer.

If I read it right the a-holes coming from Hawaii a few weeks ago decided to send a kid home on a different flight and then decided they were going to let a different kid use the original ticket, but they're entitled pricks, so they don't need to follow any of the security protocols.  Family shows up for flight, has someone using a ticket who's name doesn't match up with name on ticket and gets booted off.  Entitled pricks go running to the media and lawyer about how they were unjustly dragged from their flight.

In the Hawaii one, the flight attendants told the passengers the FAA didn't allow them to use a car seat for their baby, which is 100% opposite of what the FAA actually says.  It was yet another case of airline employees power tripping and completely making things up to fit their own whims.

they seriously need to town down their flight attendants level of authority <cartman voice> throughout all airlines.

The problem is that now everyone is a spoiled entitled prick.  They all think they own the airplanes and can do whatever they want because if the airline doesn't give in they'll start screaming for a lawyer.

If I read it right the a-holes coming from Hawaii a few weeks ago decided to send a kid home on a different flight and then decided they were going to let a different kid use the original ticket, but they're entitled pricks, so they don't need to follow any of the security protocols.  Family shows up for flight, has someone using a ticket who's name doesn't match up with name on ticket and gets booted off.  Entitled pricks go running to the media and lawyer about how they were unjustly dragged from their flight.
Sounds to me like they had a lap child and an empty seat next to them, but Delta wouldn't let them place the lap child in the seat because they overbooked the flight and wanted to give the seat to someone else. I think I'd feel the same way if I were the parents, but the 18 year old never checked in so Delta already allowed someone else to take his spot and it wouldn't be fair to the person who got the spot. So I'd be irked but I'd get it and let it go.

Flying while Asian. Flying while Muslim. 
This incident had nothing to do with the guy being Asian. Broad statements like these hurt the cause of addressing real discrimination. 

[SIZE= 8px]Usually with the Asians you only worry if they chain themselves into the pilot seats and put on the kamikaze bandanna though and start targeting ships with near empty crews (but I guess that's been a while)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]And who would want to make an 8 hour flight with a 1 year old sitting on your lap? [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 8px]Usually with the Asians you only worry if they chain themselves into the pilot seats and put on the kamikaze bandanna though and start targeting ships with near empty crews (but I guess that's been a while)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]And who would want to make an 8 hour flight with a 1 year old sitting on your lap? [/SIZE]
Exactly! Also, it's just the filthy Japanese you have to worry about. The rest of us are cool.

OK? Hey, I was the token white guy at Chinese Language School graduation over the weekend.

I had to get up in front of everyone and say "我的名字是 kevo."

Back