Does one time a year exam in Oregon affect number of resident PEs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Querelous

Reaction score
Does one time a year exam in Oregon affect number of resident PEs?

Washington schedules and PE exam postings allow the PE exam takers to effectively take the PE test twice a year. Washington has more resident PEs than non-resident PEs. Oregon has far more non-resident PEs than Resident PEs.

Do you think that the number of times a person can take the PE makes Washington state more competitive than Oregon? Answer Yes If you are sure you were adversely affected. No is you are from Oregon and are sure you are not. If you have a limited opinion or are from any other state use the other two choices.

Thanks

Groupie.

Basically I ask this because exam results come out after the time for registration for the next PE exam closes.

Most states, applications for first time takers are due pretty early to give the boards time to review the files. Re-registration usually has a different deadline.

If you work in Oregon as a PE good chance you live in Washington or Japan. Vancouver WA has more Oregon PEs than any city other than Portland. Is Washington state that much better than Oregon for PEs andnEITs.

Now twice a year. Form date is corrected to July 1 and January 1. The old form did not match O A R . Recent change.

Does one time a year exam in Oregon affect number of resident PEs?

Washington schedules and PE exam postings allow the PE exam takers to effectively take the PE test twice a year. Washington has more resident PEs than non-resident PEs. Oregon has far more non-resident PEs than Resident PEs.

Do you think that the number of times a person can take the PE makes Washington state more competitive than Oregon? Answer Yes If you are sure you were adversely affected. No is you are from Oregon and are sure you are not. If you have a limited opinion or are from any other state use the other two choices.

Thanks

Groupie.
I am confused. Are you saying that Oregon only offers the PE exam once a year as opposed to twice a year (Apr, Oct)? You state that like it's common knowledge. I did not know that. Also, what is a resident/non resident PE? Why is this in the PE exam results forum? Sorry, just confused.

I think the point was that with Oregon's former registration dates, if you failed the exam you had to wait an entire year to retest. The latest post was to say that they have updated their forms to extend the registration deadlines to fix this problem.

Latest posts

Back