Decoupled Exam and Work Experience

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimberly9

Reaction score
I just passed in Nevada but don’t have my four years yet. I live in Colorado and will be submitting my application for Nevada later this year. Regarding experience, it looks like you usually put in months, but how do you count your time if you left a job earlier in a month? How precise do you need to be when doing the work experience? 

I'd say it's fair to put your experience as ending in the month in which you truly ended. If you started another job right after ending the prior one, it would work out that you'd have a few weeks (or however long it is) more in one position and a few weeks less in the other.

I don't have specific information for Nevada, but I'd also look at it this way: what would you put on your resume? On my resume, I put where I've worked on a monthly basis (i.e. 6/2013-7/2014), regardless of when I left in July 2014. I'd imagine the Nevada board is looking for a similar level of detail, but there's likely little need to make it super specific.

Back