Deadliest Catch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, it sounds like Josh and Jake are driving the Cornelia Marie down the shitter. I wonder how much it would cost to buy them out? Maybe EB.com can raise some money to buy them out. We could rename the boat the USS Clinton! :p

from the article it says they jointly own 25% of the boat, Cornelia Marie owns 75%. from the show, the boys invested just over $150K for bluecrab season and had spent $166K when they called it a day and took what they had back to the harbor.

Jake Harris is a douche-nozzle
Just watched this weeks episode. Agreed.
What did he do now?
The Cap'n found drug paraphernalia in the engine room, and confronted Jake with it. Jake denied that the stuff was his, and agreed to be drug tested when they got back to port. Before the ship was even fully docked, Jake jumped off of the ship, hopped a cab to the airport, and booked a flight home. The Cap'n sent a police officer after Jake, but the officer couldn't do anything since Jake had nothing incriminating on him at the time. He also refused to take the drug test once they got back to shore.

Basically, he got caught red-handed, but slipped out of any trouble.

seriously, the only boat doing good this season is the seabrook. he filled his red quota then went back out to fish blue to make up for the rambling rose and cornelia marie not finding any blue. they are definitely elusive this year.

Watched one of the ones I taped last night, still 2 weeks behind. Very Wizard, TB, NW heavy episode with a little Seabrooke thrown in.

Keith is gonna have big time dead loss, while the Seabrooke finished their red and is onto blue. I'm pretty sure they can see Russia from where they are.

I don't recall blue from past years. Did they recently re-open this species for fishing?

yep last season was the first in like 11+ years. This was the second. I think only the Northwestern attempted last season on the show

Last edited by a moderator:
Just caught up with the back episodes I hadn't seen. Jake was sooooooo guilty.

I don't get the hate for Derrick. He seemed fairly reasonable. Calling the cops was a douchey move though.

Derrick couldn't find crab and that is the only reason things got ugly. If they had full pots coming over the rail, noone would've complained. This includes the captain. He wouldn't have been worrying so much about a little weed smoking if things were busy.

Derrick couldn't find crab and that is the only reason things got ugly. If they had full pots coming over the rail, noone would've complained. This includes the captain. He wouldn't have been worrying so much about a little weed smoking if things were busy.
Exactly what I think too. Derrick seems like a good guy, but you had to think he knew he was done on the boat when he called the cops. He should have handled it himself instead of pulling a pussy move like that....

Back