D-Day approaching

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Cumulative spam over different test cycles certainly help. But the spam in the cycle you are currently waiting for results in is the most important. Plus, when, and only when, the spam count is met, will NCEES release the results. NCEES will not do this before the spam count is met, so it's really in your best interest to spam your hearts out.

Do not make the same mistake a few climbers make while attempting to summit Mt. Everest. In my opinion a few of them go in with an attitude "I'm here to conquer the effin' mountain, try and stop me, I'll rage until I finally mount you". 

This is in stark contrast with the Sherpas who, despite being born in the valleys of the Himalayan mountains, harbor a healthy respect for what lays ahead.

In the context of PE exam, the mountain represents uncertainty (exam questions, difficulty, cut scores etc). And their humility represents your ability to be humble and more flexible in your preparation approach. In my opinion this strategy almost always bears fruit. 

Be like them and my best wishes to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, it's seriously a lot of fun. And it really helps with the stress of waiting for the results.  

Just be prepared for a LOT of troll attempts :)
Trolling is strictly forbidden. We would never engage in it here.

b25af0a37b7e2c94c3b0db0c71937b7adf64b1d3.jpg

It’s a proven fact that the amount of spam you post on here, especially post-exam, your likelihood of a passing increase proportionately. 
tenor.gif

I'm hoping that spam points that I did during the April 2018 cycle, which I sat out, carries forward into this attempt.  The formula works that way right? RIGHT?
Totally

Plus, when, and only when, the spam count is met, will NCEES release the results. NCEES will not do this before the spam count is met, so it's really in your best interest to spam your hearts out.
tenor.gif

Studying through Wednesday is a good plan. I think I hit peak-preparedness on the Wednesday evening before the test. I tried studying on Thursday... that wasn't productive - by then I had hit the point of negative returns on studying. I recommend trying to relax a little that evening.

Hype songs and walk-up music seems like a really good idea!

Be sure you have all of your references, calculator, exam authorization, etc before you leave for the hotel. Remember to set lots of redundant alarms and wake-up calls via hotel and friends/family for Friday morning. Try to get to the site early. You really don't want to oversleep or otherwise arrive late.
I Agree.  Study the day before is not very productive.  I know of two others in April that panicked themselves by doing that.

As I recall during that blur of a very long week, I spent the Thursday just getting everything organized into the two plastic crates I used to hold all my material and supplies.  I suggest the following last minute checks of what you are bringing"

• Make sure you have your government issued picture ID with you - A co-worker of mine told me about someone at his test center in Albany NY who was not allowed to sit for his test because he forgot his ID.
  • Be sure to bring some headache medication if you are prone to seasonal sinus issues like myself.
  • Bring wrap-around hearing protection - my test was in a huge gymnasium and the noise/echoes was extreme at times.
  • Make sure you have a watch that is not too high-tech which could cause them to put it through extra screening, and that it is comfortable to wear during the test.
  • A second calculator, even though you never bring it out, is a comfort to have (well worth the 18-20 dollars it will cost at WalMart)
  • Put Tabs at the start of the Index sections for each of your books - that will be the 'most used' tab.
  • Leave you cell phone in your car.  At the center where I took the Exam in Queens NY, the made everyone put their cell phones in plastic bags that stayed with a group proctor, and they would not give them back during the lunch break - however I had mine in my car so I was able to get to it and check for any critical messages.
  • Be careful about bringing very large spiral binders filled to near capacity.  A Civil engineer examinee next to me accidentally dropped one of his 5" binders between our individual desks and it burst open throwing paper all over the place.  I felt guilty not helping him and the proctor pick it all up, however I was busy trying to do well on my test.
  • Take a dry-run trip this week to make sure you know where the test center is and where you can park or get off of public transportation.  I got to my test center an hour early and I still could not find a parking spot less than 3/4 of a mile away - not the best time to be running to the entrance of the building.  At least two hours early would have been better for me that day.
  • last but not least, if you are a person of faith even as a younger person, I honestly do not think it hurts to spend some time asking for help from a higher authority.
I wish everyone the best of luck.   Focus on 'Mind Over Matter' and make it "Once and Done."

wowowowow you guys this is the most inspiring thread of gifs i've ever seen plus jimmy at the end i am GOOD TO GO.
but like what about danny? I know he's not your "type" but he's beautiful? 

omg he said my name

tumblr_ojnl8oERjQ1sldg5ro2_400.gif

imagine him doing this as you're standing in line all nervous

tumblr_mg9yxpGVBW1rb6ybjo2_r1_250.gif

for any of you nervous about falling asleep the night before the exam - take some time to check out the podcast called "Sleep with Me" on apple podcasts, spotify and probably other places too. 

it takes a couple days to get used to (which is why i encourage you to try it tonight/tomorrow/Wednesday) but it's really magical for some people, including myself. 

studycat.JPG

You have all been blessed by the Study Cat! May everyone’s results be the same colour as the pencil in this picture, a big green PASS!

This ‘lil guy has been with me almost every night I studied, usually laying on top of my books. They’ve been blessed 😸

Back