Cyber Monday

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an echo plus (and an echo non plus for upstairs), and new silverware. I've never had my own new full set of silverware, ever. It's like I'm going to officially be an adult, now. I also took my boots to a shoe shop to get new heels and got my garage door serviced. wtf is this adulting stuff???

chatted with alexa last night a little bit. I want to figure out how to get her to talk to my xbox and play tv shows by voice command! 

I'm also very excited to not have any plans this coming weekend and also not be hosting anybody, so i can sit around and do nothing/play video games/sleep whenever I want for however long I want.

Well, yesterday, she said what she packed the most was some sort of monkey finger puppet toy... And then couldn't exactly describe the weirdest thing, but it was "some sort of model of female anatomy along with lubricant".
And thus Cybering Monday was complete. 
I wonder who gets to "pack" the industrial 55 gal. size container of lubricant. leggo you be sure to let us know if one of those bad boys ships out.

***DOES NOT SHIP TO IRELAND***

$1,458.35 for a 55 gallon drum, but at least I get Prime shipping.
giphy.gif

Have you seen this yet? Looks pretty slick! But it's not cheap.

https://store.google.com/us/product/google_pixelbook
I agree, it does look cool. But more than we want to spend! We went with this Lenovo Yoga laptop:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-710-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-silver/5722757.p?skuId=5722757

It only has one USB port, but we both doubt that will be an issue for a 65 year old lady who is only going to be using it casually.

I agree, it does look cool. But more than we want to spend! We went with this Lenovo Yoga laptop:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-710-2-in-1-11-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-pentium-4gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-silver/5722757.p?skuId=5722757

It only has one USB port, but we both doubt that will be an issue for a 65 year old lady who is only going to be using it casually.
Not bad! I like the 2-in-1 designs because of how versatile they can be. I bought something similar for LadyFox but with a bit more HP under the hood for games and such. 

The Yoga should be just fine for the MIL. KFPC approved! :thumbs:

Not bad! I like the 2-in-1 designs because of how versatile they can be. I bought something similar for LadyFox but with a bit more HP under the hood for games and such. 

The Yoga should be just fine for the MIL. KFPC approved! :thumbs:
Yep, the next laptop I buy myself will be a 2-in-1! Those weren't really that common when I bought my current laptop (2011 Macbook Pro). I have no direct plans to replace my Macbook right now, but in the future, probably won't be buying myself another Apple. I like the look of that Pixelbook! Might wait a few years and see what is there in the future.

I typically stay away from Best Buy. They don't pay their employees very well and don't train them on what they are answering questions about.

Can you buy it on Amazon?

(PS: A licensed engineer can afford that Pixel Book any day of the week.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I typically stay away from Best Buy. They don't pay their employees very well and don't train them on what they are answering questions about.

Can you buy it on Amazon?

(PS: A licensed engineer can afford that Pixel Book any day of the week.)
Well, technically, I didn't end up paying for any of this laptop, and the fiancé agreed that it was a wash between our gifts for his family and our gifts for my family. So I bought my family's gifts, and he bought his Mom's.

I actually ended up spending more on my family, but I have more people to buy presents for. Such is life.

Also, it was about $230 cheaper at Best Buy than Amazon... Sorry, but even if I were paying for it, I probably wouldn't spend 1.5x the price to go somewhere else. Oops, I'm a bad consumer I suppose!

If I can find it cheaper on Best Buy's website and don't actually have to go into the store, I'm fine purchasing it that way.

Back