Countdown to Star Wars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
041042e689a95e6506bbbe2e656dd0c1.jpg

Wife and I saw it on the 21st. We both really liked it. I'm a big enough fan to get excited to see it, but not so much to actively look for plot holes or problems. There was definitely a bit of lip-service paid and some gratuitous "throw-back" to the original series , but it wasn't bad. I'd like to see it again in the theaters.

Before we watched it, we re-watched the previous movies in Machete Order (4, 5, 2, 3, 6).  The story is a lot better in that order and led into the newest one really well.

Here's an interesting take on how to watch the series:

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

TL:DR

IV, V, II, III, VI

Skip 1 because it doesn't really help the story. This way, I and III are more of a flashback.
We watched it in this order, it really does tell a better story.  Skipping 1 actually helped the story quite a bit (no whiny 8yr old, removes the creepy factor of the Ani & Padme love story, and most importantly almost eliminates Jar Jar).  If you insist on watching it, insert it between 5 & 2 in the order above.

Just came back from watching it. It was pretty awesome!

My only complaint was that we sat 4 rows from the front and had to move my head around a lot to keep up with the action. We watched it at an imax dome.

I picked up copies of the original trilogy "Despecialized" versions... basically a really nice HD version of the original, unaltered trilogy stitched together from a bunch of various sources. I've only had time to watch through episode IV but from what I've seen so far, this guy did a really great job. The files are in 720p which is not 1080 but still looks great on my projector.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/star-wars-despecialized-edition-removes-alterations-to-the-original-trilogy

I think there are official download instructions somewhere, but I just went looking in the 'usual' sources and was able to find it.

you have to have the vhs, or else you get the 'updated' version.

the marshmellow coats are back in style now...so is the long hair for boys

Last edited by a moderator:
Back