Countdown to Captain America 3

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We watched it this weekend as well. I thought it was good, but felt like Spiderman was a little odd - like he didn't "fit the mold" of the others.
Thought the same until I read up on it a bit more.  He was only 6 months into "finding himself" as Spidey at that point.  Meaning he hadn't really mastered any of his powers.  And also keep in mind I think he was still in high school too.  So he would have been many levels below the others by comparison.  So maybe they did cast it right? :dunno:

I think Spiderman fit the "old" comics rather than the last few movies.

One item of note, the whole "civil war" thing was kind of unbelievable. After thinking about it, kinda made the movie dumb. Action for no reason. (And no 80085, either.)

If you want bewbs in a superhero movie, go watch Deadpool.

I saw Captain America on Saturday too. I thought it was pretty good. Not the best one of the Marvel Universe, but it was a needed stepping stone for some bigger things down the road like Spiderman & Black Panther.  Spiderman was cast just about perfect considering that he is a highschool kid (and not an overly confident kid either).

The "bad guy" in Captain American annoys the hell out of me. It's probably because I thought he was a douchebag in Inglorious Basterds (as he was supposed to be) and I can't see him as anything different.

I saw it this weekend, too.  It was pretty good, I'm glad knight1fox3 emphasized that it's a Captain America movie, not Avengers, because it "felt" a lot like the last CA movie.  Kind of darker, not such a pleasant ending.  

I like Spider Man in the movie, I thought it was very well done and pretty funny.

EDIT: how do we post the spoiler text nowadays?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually we drove to a trailhead this weekend, where my daughter and wife refused to get out because it was "cold" (it was 57).  And we bought bear spray for everyone (I had no idea that stuff was so expensive)

So we got a lot closer. I may have to start going out on my own, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to laugh (& cry) at the same time! 

you may have to just give them the gold card and take the boy?

Not a bad idea. The boy is still so-so about the outdoor stuff.  If I could get him out and let him have a good experience, I hope that might change him.  Probably too late for the girls. 

^Pretty much the same here minus the snow.  This winter was warmer than the last couple but it's staying colder a lot longer into the spring than it has in quite a while.

since were derailing the thread. we saw some brief snowflakes Saturday night (but we were camping at around 10,000 feet)  still lots of snow around 11,000 feet and up.

I am ready for the sun to come out and stay out..

Back