Corona Spam Thread??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sleep schedule is fucked up and I don't know how to fix it.  Mornings/work are normal but when I go to bed either means I wake up at 2:45am and can't get back to sleep, or I sleep through the night but and ultra groggy the rest of the day.  The difference in going to bed it either like 9:30pm or 10:30pm, so it's not that big of a difference.

idk.  losing my mind.

My sleep schedule is fucked up and I don't know how to fix it.  Mornings/work are normal but when I go to bed either means I wake up at 2:45am and can't get back to sleep, or I sleep through the night but and ultra groggy the rest of the day.  The difference in going to bed it either like 9:30pm or 10:30pm, so it's not that big of a difference.

idk.  losing my mind.
I have tried to keep my regular bedtime usually 9:30, but sometimes fail, like last night.

Usually only I reason I would stay up is to watch end of a game. But the other night I stayed to watch end of Beverly Hills Cop, a movie i almost know by heart.

There has been a few days where I have gone for a quick drive just to try to simulate end of my workday.

Welcome to the suck of the new "normal"

I have tried to keep my regular bedtime usually 9:30, but sometimes fail, like last night.

Usually only I reason I would stay up is to watch end of a game. But the other night I stayed to watch end of Beverly Hills Cop, a movie i almost know by heart.

There has been a few days where I have gone for a quick drive just to try to simulate end of my workday.

Welcome to the suck of the new "normal"
I mean, I'm still going into my office every day, since I work at a hospital, so my actually workday hasn't change that much but my sleep schedule has slowly been getting weirder and weirder.  I was actually looking at my fitbit and the waking up at 2:30-3:30am seems like a 'thing' that has been happening since like December and maybe I'm only just now actually being consciously awake.  I don't know if it's something in the house or neighborhood that is making me wake up?

I think the lack of having a 'gym' and having a real schedule after work is messing things up.  Like, I'm eating later/snacking more, just because there is nothing else to do after work, and I need to put a stop to that.  The last two weeks have not been healthy and that might be messing up my body/sleeping as well?

I have been to do some home workouts one is a bodyweight workout, of something I did at gym

It is boring as hell but I do laps around my basement to get some movement in

I mean, I'm still going into my office every day, since I work at a hospital, so my actually workday hasn't change that much but my sleep schedule has slowly been getting weirder and weirder.  I was actually looking at my fitbit and the waking up at 2:30-3:30am seems like a 'thing' that has been happening since like December and maybe I'm only just now actually being consciously awake.  I don't know if it's something in the house or neighborhood that is making me wake up?

I think the lack of having a 'gym' and having a real schedule after work is messing things up.  Like, I'm eating later/snacking more, just because there is nothing else to do after work, and I need to put a stop to that.  The last two weeks have not been healthy and that might be messing up my body/sleeping as well?
maybe related...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/insomnia-and-vivid-dreams-rise-pandemic-anxiety-180974726

I have been to do some home workouts one is a bodyweight workout, of something I did at gym

It is boring as hell but I do laps around my basement to get some movement in
I've actually been walking after work for around an hour each day, just to clear my head and listen to podcasts (used to listen to podcasts religiously when I had my super long commute, but a 10 minute commute does not translate to much podcast listening).

@jean15paul_PE, maybe?  Tbh, I've been getting sleep and I don't usually dream?  It's just weird that I wake up at 2:30ish no matter what time I go to sleep (I went to bed at 11pm and woke up at the same time).  Going to wear my earplugs tonight to see if that helps.

Well I have been dealing with an email storm today, then a webinar.

And my IT department, because I could not open a file due to a software upgrade. IT actually asked are you allowed to use this software and how long have you had this software.  Well I have FOUR different versions of this software on my computer, and have been using at least one version for five plus years. So yea, I would say I am allowed to use it.

And was put on hold while they made lunch, could hear running water and microwave.

Thanks Mr Karen

Last edited by a moderator:

idk.  losing my mind.
I've been doing this new thing where I put my phone in the other room (my main alarm for years has been the FitBit vibrating alarm anyway) so I'm not tempted to play with it when I (inevitably) wake up for a bio break or the doggos ask to go out. It has helped A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back