Corona Spam Thread??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooof, leaving my office early so I can go vote since polls are only open here from 6am to 6pm?  And I work from 7am to 4:30pm.  With my commute that means I'd maybe get to the polling location at around 5:30pm.  And since I ordered an absentee ballot, which arrived super late, I actually need to go home and pick that up beforehand since they don't accept mail in ballots POSTMARKED for today, the primary voting day, they need to have ACCEPTED it by today...which doesn't make sense, since I only received my ballot in the mail on Friday.

*sigh*

I never thought voting would be so difficult.

Ooof, leaving my office early so I can go vote since polls are only open here from 6am to 6pm?  And I work from 7am to 4:30pm.  With my commute that means I'd maybe get to the polling location at around 5:30pm.  And since I ordered an absentee ballot, which arrived super late, I actually need to go home and pick that up beforehand since they don't accept mail in ballots POSTMARKED for today, the primary voting day, they need to have ACCEPTED it by today...which doesn't make sense, since I only received my ballot in the mail on Friday.

*sigh*

was there a lot of local stuff on the ballot to make it worth the effort for a primary?  

Last edited by a moderator:
was there a lot of local stuff on the ballot to make it worth the effort for a primary?  
Actually, yeah, there was.  I think since I'm a federal employee, and there is nonsense with the polling times, I think I can leave early without having to take leave or anything (like, I think there is an administrative leave I take instead).  I'm going to go to one of the public schools listed instead of going to the County Clerk's Office.  I checked the location and it's right next to the Indianapolis Police Headquarters...and since we've had a heavily enforced curfew and rioting over the past weekend, I'm thinking that's a tense atmosphere I don't want to get involved with right now.

*sigh*

Registered as independent, so cant vote in presidential primary. Only item on my mail in ballot was local school board. Don't have any young ones to be indoctrinated, so it does not matter.

Registered as independent, so cant vote in presidential primary. Only item on my mail in ballot was local school board. Don't have any young ones to be indoctrinated, so it does not matter.
There is a surprising number of 'more than one choice' on this ballot.  So.  Yeah.

BUT I AM ABLE TO LEAVE WORK AN HOUR AND A HALF EARLY.  Is it bad that I'm kinda hoping my polling goes super easy?  So I can just relax?

*sigh*

it's almost as it they don't want you to vote

Actually, yeah, there was.  I think since I'm a federal employee, and there is nonsense with the polling times, I think I can leave early without having to take leave or anything (like, I think there is an administrative leave I take instead)
Yes, see below:

Voting. The Federal Government has a longstanding policy of granting employees a limited amount of administrative leave to vote in Federal, State, county, or municipal elections or in referendums on any civic matter in their community.  Agencies have authority to grant administrative leave to the extent that such time off does not seriously interfere with agency operations.  Typically, polling places throughout the United States are open for extended periods of time. Therefore, administrative leave should rarely be needed.  Generally, where the polls are not open at least 3 hours either before or after an employee’s regular work hours, an agency may grant a limited amount of administrative leave that will permit the employee to report for work 3 hours after the polls open or leave from work 3 hours before the polls close, whichever requires the lesser amount of time off. See CPM 2012-07, (external link) issued on October 5, 2012.
source: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/leave-administration/fact-sheets/administrative-leave/

Sorry I'm responding late to this

How'd it go?
Voting itself was super easy, and I was able to leave early/the admin leave was approved without an issue.  Indianapolis, or at leas the county I am in, is a free polling location, so I could go to any location on the list.  I decided to go to one further because the closest one to my apartment was right next to the Indy police headquarters...and things have been tense the last couple of days here.  I've never done digital voting before, so it was super cool!  The only thing that was painful is that the number of volunteers was down, and social distancing was still in affect, so it was slow to get in...and it was 90-degrees...and I'm super pale.

So I burned a bit.  But going to vote was super easy!  I'm just not used to polls being open form 6am to 6pm.  In Suffolk county it's usually 6am to 9pm, so I could go after work easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back