Construction Studying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sky isn't falling, Chicken Little! :)

The article may give some good guidance for the topic here...

One Civil PE exam candidate recently learned this lesson the hard way when his results were invalidated after he posted, nearly verbatim, the contents of an item from the exam’s morning session.
OK... so verbatim questions... VERY BAD! (of course)

The candidate went on to post the exam item, which asked candidates to calculate tensile force for a steel rod.
And then... type of question... it would seem is OK given this was published by NCEES themselves. This may be what rar123 is talking about.

Anyway, I'm not trying to stir the pot. But I don't think it's exactly black and white. The agreement certainly seems written by lawyers, which to me is obvious because it's not very clear! Still, all good discussion, especially if it prompts a position from NCEES (though not likely).

It don't matter to me cuz I wont be posting anything about the test. I just don't want to see anyone get their license taken away. Anyways they probably threw out the question so that's why they were able to talk about its subject matter. I doubt they would keep it on the lest since many already had access to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really appreciate if anyone of you who had taken the exam post here detailed description of questions appeared, i really appreciate it.

Although I appreciate the interest in our site, I would really appreciate it if people do NOT post detailed descriptions of questions here!!!!!

I really appreciate if anyone of you who had taken the exam post here detailed description of questions appeared, i really appreciate it.
Although I appreciate the interest in our site, I would really appreciate it if people do NOT post detailed descriptions of questions here!!!!!

I profusely apologize for asking that question. I was not aware of the law before and now I am aware.

Thanks

It don't matter to me cuz I wont be posting anything about the test. I just don't want to see anyone get their license taken away. Anyways they probably threw out the question so that's why they were able to talk about its subject matter. I doubt they would keep it on the lest since many already had access to it.
Yeah... they decided it was no longer important for minimally competent engineers to know how to calculate tensile force for a steel rod just because some bozo posted the question...

Again, I've got no dog in this fight either - it's just a topic that I find very interesting because the guidelines are so unclear.

Yeah... they decided it was no longer important for minimally competent engineers to know how to calculate tensile force for a steel rod just because some bozo posted the question...
Again, I've got no dog in this fight either - it's just a topic that I find very interesting because the guidelines are so unclear.
How is it unclear? They reuse test questions. They don't want people sharing the test questions. ergo, they have you sign an agreement saying you won't share the test questions. they punish the people they catch sharing test questions.

I'm assuming this rar123 is a PE? So he probably signed the same agreement.

Yes its the best review for the construction part out there. Enjoy!
Thanks Adrock, I was back and forth on getting this book because I didn't want to waste my money if I didn't need to. But since CERM 11 is still lacking in Construction stuff, I will supplement it with this book.

rar123: I would also be interested in the problems and solutions supplement to this book if it were to come out before April.

Adrock...I see you have bought my book. I appreciate if you could let me know the strong chapters and weak chapters since I am doing practice examples book.
Thanks

Ruwan
Dear Rar123,

If you can come up more review sample relate to : Materila Quality Control, Temporary structures, Estimating Scheduleing, earthwork construction layout, OSHA safety questions, ....ect I think will cover most part of the exam.

I am going to take in April. But for all who also taking this april, don't forget to bring OSHA with you, Also material book for concrete Type I, II..etc, masonry, brick wall, ..etc

I am not good in economic , but taking construction I have to study that area now....to know all the future project cost etc... ;)

Scheduling - I need to find more examples.

I hope your problem and solution book will come out soon.....or hope I will pass this april and I dont need it anymore :p

I am going to order the construction modular book today from amazon, I was try to find a place cheaper than 59.99 but there is nothing other than amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it unclear? They reuse test questions. They don't want people sharing the test questions. ergo, they have you sign an agreement saying you won't share the test questions. they punish the people they catch sharing test questions.
I'm assuming this rar123 is a PE? So he probably signed the same agreement.
It's unclear because while it's obvious you can't talk about questions verbatim, it is *NOT* clear if you can talk about types of questions. (read my responses below if you don't remember the examples I used)

See attached.
You should also think about emptying your inbox. This would enable you to receive personal messages from others. :)
This is very good examle..any more of this sample? Can I download more?

See attached.
You should also think about emptying your inbox. This would enable you to receive personal messages from others. :)
This is very good examle..any more of this sample? Can I download more? (mass- haul diagram)

Back