Construction Experience in VA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deputy2

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for using construction experience in Virginia?

I have 12+ years of GC experience, but most of that time was not 'typical design'.

I've been through ASCE's Construction Institute list, and incorporated some of their verbage in my first application, but was still denied.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any suggestions for using construction experience in Virginia? I have 12+ years of GC experience, but most of that time was not 'typical design'.

I've been through ASCE's Construction Institute list, and incorporated some of their verbage in my first application, but was still denied.

Any suggestions?
Did you work as project engineer or manager? If so you may just have to reformat your experience record to clearly indicate your design experience. See if this can help you. >>>>>Experience_PE.doc

Good luck!

Attachments

• Experience_PE.doc
    26 KB · Views: 52
I'm not sure about VA, but in my state you're allowed to meet with the board if you request it. They will review your app with you there to comment and discuss. It helped me as they were questioning my construction experience just like whats happening to you. I used the same document from ASCI that you referenced.

Back