Confused about PE References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoboy25

Reaction score
hello,

I am completing application and confused about the SER and References. I completed the SER.

I worked at Fluor for 3 years and worked on 4 different types of projects.

1. Do I need to find one PE reference from Fluor (that I work with) to sign off on all 4 projects I did for this engagement? Or do I need find a PE for each project I worked on at Fluor.

2. Do I need to send the SER (with all the engagements to each PE reference or just the SER engagement they need to review and sign and sent to PE board?

Thanks

hello,

I am completing application and confused about the SER and References. I completed the SER.

I worked at Fluor for 3 years and worked on 4 different types of projects.

1. Do I need to find one PE reference from Fluor (that I work with) to sign off on all 4 projects I did for this engagement? Or do I need find a PE for each project I worked on at Fluor.

2. Do I need to send the SER (with all the engagements to each PE reference or just the SER engagement they need to review and sign and sent to PE board?

Thanks

I'm not sure what an SER is and you didn't mention which state you are in. But, if this helps, in CA you need a reference for each different engagement.

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/civilpe_errf_instructions_2010.pdf

typically, you would need references covering your entire work experience (a single PE could cover all of the projects, or you could get one from each project, or a mix between the two)

In Minnesota you do not need a PE to sign off on your application. What you do need is qualified experience signed off by you supervisor. Of course, this would normally come from a PE, but not necessarily. It may shock a lot of people here to learn that some of the best engineers are not licensed, nor hold the title engineer.

Back