Computer Experts - help needed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvey

Reaction score
folks,

Does anyone know how they came up with answer for PE Electrical computer - question 540 ? Seems like sometimes the start bit can be 1 bit or 2 bit ? and also, is stop bit always one bit ?

Thank you.

Look at the tick marks below. T0 is one, T1 is one, T2 is zero.... T10 is zero; thus 11 total bits transmitted

We're told 8 useful bit transmitted

so 8/11 is 73%

I don't think the number of start/stop bits is important. Just that there are 11 bits, 8 are useful.

Hope that helps

Look at the tick marks below. T0 is one, T1 is one, T2 is zero.... T10 is zero; thus 11 total bits transmitted
We're told 8 useful bit transmitted

so 8/11 is 73%

I don't think the number of start/stop bits is important. Just that there are 11 bits, 8 are useful.

Hope that helps
Thank you RJMaster, just few clarification. how would you know that you stop at T10 and not count T11 or T12 ?

yeah, the start can be a start bit and a parity bit. The part that confused me was trying to overlay the 10101010 pattern, which makes it appear to align to T1 thru T9 bounds, which then would lead one to think it's 8/10 or 80%. Definitely not obvious to treat 11 bits (assuming a "bit" is between time marks, so have T0 thru T10 for 10 bits)

Back