College Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your #1 conference - team, and why

• Big 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pac 10

• Big 12

• SEC

• ACC

• Big East

• C-USA

• MAC

• Mountain West

• Sunbelt

• WAC

• Independents

• Total voters
And yet these self-same wolverines beat the Gators and their Heisman winning QB on their home turf (essentially) - you can pour salt on the wound all you want w/ OSU, i tend to think that was more of Lloyd Carr's curse, his losing to Tressel (and Carroll for that matter) all the time. The fact that OSU flamed out like Boy George the last 2 seasons in a row saddens me in the least, other than it reflects poorly on the Big 10 as a conference.
peace (i hope) to you, a football loving EBer :beerchug:
These same Wolverines lost to App State...really? App State... c'mon... App State...ahahaha! Lets see what the LSU Tigers do to to App State on August 30th. So the Wolverines were able to get the Gators number that day. They were very young. I look at them as overachievers last year anyway. As a whole the SEC is by far the best conference. Perhaps they were not as dominant as past years in the bowls but to say any other conference was any better would be a fallacy. I know it hurts you Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 10ers but GET OVER IT!

These same Wolverines lost to App State...really? App State... c'mon... App State...ahahaha! Lets see what the LSU Tigers do to to App State on August 30th. So the Wolverines were able to get the Gators number that day. They were very young. I look at them as overachievers last year anyway. As a whole the SEC is by far the best conference. Perhaps they were not as dominant as past years in the bowls but to say any other conference was any better would be a fallacy. I know it hurts you Big 10, Big 12, and PAC 10ers but GET OVER IT!
is this an SEC fan characteristic, to not see the point being made? :brickwall: Yes the Wolves lost to Appalachian State, thats why i ref'd them at the beginning of this thread (it was inexcusable :blush: ) - AND YET they BEAT the SEC Heisman trophy QB winnin' FLA Gators!! Got the point now Roscoe? I pulled for the Big 10 in the other bowl games, but having my team win (esp. against SEC) was all that mattered last season. Get over yourself dude.

Lets go Buckeyes!

Seriously, spent some time at OSU, and was a varsity athlete at OSU, so I'll always be a Buckeye when it comes to sports. On the other hand, I graduated from a Penn State affiliate, so I tend to pull for the Nittany Lions in any games except those against the Buckeyes.

Now that I live down in Longhorn country though, I sure to get some interesting looks when I sport the scarlet and grey...

Well, college football starts on Saturday for me, when Clemson takes on Bama at the Georgia Dome. I am so ready for it to start.

ktulu, you going to the game?

I am not. Actaully, I am going to the Auburn game. My wife works for the NAVY ROTC unit, and she got season tickets to give to her brother. But he cannot make the game, and I want to see where the tickets are, so we are going for probably a quarter. Then I will be in front of the big screen.

Will you be there?

Yep, I'll be the drunk guy wearing orange. See if you can pick me out on TV. Actually, me and my buddy bought 4 tickets between us through the ticket office at Clemson. We realized later on that we should have bought eight and sold the other four at the prices they are going for, and we could have paid for the whole trip.

Less then 10 hours to kick off and I'm like a kid on christmas morning I'm so excited. I'm not going to get much work done today. I planned on leaving early, but I may as well leave right now and start tailgating.

I'll be the other drunk guy wearing orange at the CU v Bammer game! :party-smiley-048:

We're going to Famous Pub tonight to watch the Cocks v NC State!

FINALLY... football season is here.

Mizzou had a repeat first game against Illinois like last year. Great first half, make it exciting in the 2nd half and pull out a V in the end.

Only difference, both teams scored 2 more times than last year.

I was really hoping our D would be better this year (supposed to be), but man, our secondary looked like swiss cheese.

Good thing we move onto cupcakes now, so we can get prep'd for the BXII opener in Nebraska. A game we haven't won in over 30 years.

Back