College Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your #1 conference - team, and why

• Big 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pac 10

• Big 12

• SEC

• ACC

• Big East

• C-USA

• MAC

• Mountain West

• Sunbelt

• WAC

• Independents

• Total voters
I'm a Louisville Cardinals fan (Go Big East!), but Bama and the SEC are a close 2nd.
Go Big East! I should be getting my envelope with my Rutgers Season tickets soon!

Are you planning on making the trip north for the 12/4 Rutgers-Louisville game?

Mizzou, nice pic.

PS - if you look at the Jumbotron, just to the left in the parkinglot along Stadium Blvd... the outer row of cars along stadium, on the far left is a white blob. I think that's my friend's RV where I partake in beverages before the games.

My season tickets will be coming in the mail in the next few weeks. I can't wait. Do you ever go to any games? PM me and I'll send you my cell number so we could meet up at a game.

I'm a Penn State alum... I went to every home game while I was in school (yes, even when it rained/snowed/sleeted)... I dressed my daughter up as a Penn State cheerleader AND the Nittany Lion (yes, she had 2 costumes) for her first Halloween... I don't get a chance to watch much football at all anymore... but I still love my Nittany Lions!
^^ One of my TOP TEN EB.com'rs now. GO LIONS!!!!!!!

I picked Big 10 because of Penn State, AND I picked the Big East because of my Mountaineers.

I grew up (until 12) in Hanover PA as a HUGE Nittany Lion fan,

and have since lived in West by God Virginia and now have MOUNTAINEER PRIDE runnin' through my viens.

WVbanana.gif
WVbanana2.gif
PSUbanana.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Big East! I should be getting my envelope with my Rutgers Season tickets soon!
Are you planning on making the trip north for the 12/4 Rutgers-Louisville game?
I make all the home games, but usually don't travel for the road games. Plus, with the way we've been playing, and they way you've been playing, the last couple seasons, I don't think I would want to be there for that blood bath.

August 30 Villanova

September 6 AT East Carolina

September 18 AT Colorado

September 27 Marshall

October 4 Rutgers

October 11 Syracuse

October 23 Auburn

November 1 AT UCONN

November 8 Cincinnati

November 22 AT Louisville

November 28 AT sPittsburgh

December 6 South Florida

Bigray, if you plan on coming to Morgantown on Oct. 4th, let me know. I'll make sure to bring some CAB's.

August 30 Villanova September 6 AT East Carolina

September 18 AT Colorado

September 27 Marshall

October 4 Rutgers

October 11 Syracuse

October 23 Auburn

November 1 AT UCONN

November 8 Cincinnati

November 22 AT Louisville

November 28 AT sPittsburgh

December 6 South Florida

Bigray, if you plan on coming to Morgantown on Oct. 4th, let me know. I'll make sure to bring some CAB's.
Sweeet...we get WVU at home this year. But you bet your ass I'll be rooting for WVU when they get Auburn.

Clemson Tigers fan all the way. B.S. in 02, M.S. in 03. Half my family has gone to Clemson and I have been going to Clemson football games since I was 3.

That info aside, the ACC is an awesome conference. While the ACC doesn't get near the credit of the SEC, one aspect that never gets considered in the SEC vs. ACC debate is that the sizes of the ACC schools are much smaller because academics are much more impressive (the majority of the good engineering schools in the east are ACC schools, with the exception of Florida and Auburn). Can't wait for my Tigers to beat up on Bama in the GA Dome on August 30th. I only wish I had waited to move down to Charleston until after that game. Now I have a 5 hour drive when I could have had a 15 minute train ride.

Clemson Tigers fan all the way. B.S. in 02, M.S. in 03. Half my family has gone to Clemson and I have been going to Clemson football games since I was 3.
Can't wait for my Tigers to beat up on Bama in the GA Dome on August 30th.
Blah.

I grew up in Iowa so Big 12 (but I hate ISU). I started grad school at OU and LOVE football so they're my favorite team EVER. I :wub: Adrian Peterson. Also, the SEC, because I went the Vandy, and I believe it's a really hard conference (Vandy football skills ignored, of course).
"That's alright, that's okay, you're going to work for us someday!"
You like a pro-team over college football teams? You went to school at uo? Don't you know that uo's mascot is a dirt theif, and they teach the same ethics throughout their school and sports teams?

If you want to keep a job for very long, or get offered more, remove any reference to uo in your resume, and don't mention it to anyone. You may want to find another more ethical team to root for like hard working COWBOYS, or the marching band at A&M.

I didn't start a new topic for this so it would possible reduce the SPAMiness of the content. If you want to bet sports for real money without investing anything, go to CentSports...

CentSports

They give you 10 cents to bet with and if you run out, they give you 10 more cents. Some people on there have run it up to $1000+. I'm betting some golf and MLB to try to get a decent bankroll for football season.

You don't have to give them anything except a valid email address. When you want to cash out, they send you an email requesting an address where you want the check sent.

I used to bet football online all the time, but all of the funding sources got shut down because of the laws of our free nation. This is the next best thing, I guess.

I'm torn here...

I was raised to be a die hard Penn State Fan and grew up with those games, live, televised, on the am radio... vhs taped and dad wouldn't talk to anyone or watch the news until he could watch it as we got older. Joe Pa had his own framed picture in our Den wall... he was so disappointed when I chose to go to a college other then Penn state when I was accepted to their forestry program...

but then there is Syracuse... they have sucked at football lately, but I still have my college ID, and all my sweatshirts, and t-shirts (real women bleed orange?? where do they come up with that stuff) and I watched too many games at the dome to not have some loyalty...

but then there is Michigan and it's so hard to not route for a team when someone sitting next to you snaps the remote control in half because of the Bucking F-eyes.

I'm just simply torn.

I suppose 2 out of 3 would make me lean that way... but then again, just cause I pull for them doesn't mean they are any good.
:appl: :appl:

How about SEC? I think SEC should be a safe bet to pick. Not many teams suck here.. At least not in championship game. :17:

yeah yeah, those Gators sure took it to the Wolverines last season. . . :rolleyes: another Heisman winner down in flames losing a game they were supposed to win (somehow sounds familiar)

Are we referring to the same Wolves that lost to OSU (habitually) and OSU eventually got their rearos kicked in the NC game?

Are we referring to the same Wolves that lost to OSU (habitually) and OSU eventually got their rearos kicked in the NC game?
And yet these self-same wolverines beat the Gators and their Heisman winning QB on their home turf (essentially) - you can pour salt on the wound all you want w/ OSU, i tend to think that was more of Lloyd Carr's curse, his losing to Tressel (and Carroll for that matter) all the time. The fact that OSU flamed out like Boy George the last 2 seasons in a row saddens me in the least, other than it reflects poorly on the Big 10 as a conference.

peace (i hope) to you, a football loving EBer :beerchug:

Back