College Football

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your #1 conference - team, and why

• Big 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pac 10

• Big 12

• SEC

• ACC

• Big East

• C-USA

• MAC

• Mountain West

• Sunbelt

• WAC

• Independents

• Total voters

EM_PS

shining like a lighter...
Reaction score
Division IA football only (sorry Appalachian St fans) -

I bleed Big 10. U of MI represents in football, still pull for MSU too (someday they'll get their sh!t together). Really any of the Big 10 teams (except OSU) i would root for against any out of conference team - From the Golden Gophers to the Nittany Lions, they're all good in my book. . .though may the Spartans / Wolverines rule the Big 10 roost! BTW, i did not graduate from a Big 10 school or Div IA school -

It's not college football till you get down south! ACC and Clemson Tigers all the way. My aunt started taking me to games when I was 5.

Graduated from CU in 01 and masters in 02!

GO GATORS!! Did my Master's from U of FL. SEC all the way...

Big 12 country here...graduated from the CU (Colorado) in '01. GO BUFFS!!!

Down here in Texas, we refer to the Big-12 as the Southwest Conference Reinforced.

Hook'em

Freon

SEC!!!

Get this - I am a diehard BAMA fan. Used to watch/listen to BAMA games with my mom.....I have (2) degrees from Auburn. I live in Auburn. I love Auburn (the city). Hate Auburn football.

Feeling some university envy :blush: here - wanted to post that my alma mater was Div. II, in the GLIAC conference (Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conf) not overly shabby for Div II anyways

Oh yeah, Hook 'em 'horns for my wife

ACC

georgia_tech.jpg

Well, being a west coaster and graduating from Oregon State, I of course had to vote for Pac-10. I also attended Washington for grad school, so I feel a little love for the Huskies, but I'm more of a fair weather Husky fan.

Of course, I bleed orange and black no matter how bad our teams are.

SEC!!!
Get this - I am a diehard BAMA fan. Used to watch/listen to BAMA games with my mom.....I have (2) degrees from Auburn. I live in Auburn. I love Auburn (the city). Hate Auburn football.
BLASPHEMY! You cannot be a diehard Bama fan and even consider going to Auburn. I call shenanigans on your diehardedness.

I'm a Louisville Cardinals fan (Go Big East!), but Bama and the SEC are a close 2nd.

Big XII, Mizzou grad. Grew up watching Mizzou. Never thought I would see a top 5 football program at our school in my lifetime, but it happened last year, hope the success continues. We really need some BB rebuilding after Q Snyder burned Norm's house down, it's been hard to be a fan of that program the last couple years. I'm not a bandwagon fan, it's just more difficult to watch the games when things aren't going well. Wrestling, soccer, baseball, track and field, swimming, etc. it's always good to hear how they are doing. I still live in my University town and so I'm surrounded by news / happenings all the time.

I also root for all other BXII teams when playing OOC. Even KU (Man, that's hard to swallow). I think having rivals is an amazing thing in college sports and how it can elevate play - shows how mental the games are at that level. Sometimes I think fans get wrapped up in the rivalries where they can take the rivalry too far. I'm just out to have a good time and root for my team to win. I'll drink a beer with anyone. Even a Bugeater or a Chickenhawk.

I'm a Penn State alum... I went to every home game while I was in school (yes, even when it rained/snowed/sleeted)... I dressed my daughter up as a Penn State cheerleader AND the Nittany Lion (yes, she had 2 costumes) for her first Halloween... I don't get a chance to watch much football at all anymore... but I still love my Nittany Lions!

BLASPHEMY! You cannot be a diehard Bama fan and even consider going to Auburn. I call shenanigans on your diehardedness.
I'm a Louisville Cardinals fan (Go Big East!), but Bama and the SEC are a close 2nd.
Sounds like your "Fanhood" is being questioned!!! :Locolaugh:

Oh, no you didn't just question my fanhood!?!?!

I grew up in Iowa so Big 12 (but I hate ISU). I started grad school at OU and LOVE football so they're my favorite team EVER. I :wub: Adrian Peterson. Also, the SEC, because I went the Vandy, and I believe it's a really hard conference (Vandy football skills ignored, of course).

"That's alright, that's okay, you're going to work for us someday!"

Back