COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strong is a good choice for Texas, I think...

He's got recruiting ties in Texas and Florida, so that's good.

As long as he wins, he won't have to worry about schmoozing the boosters...It's funny, though, one of the first pics in the local paper is him hugging Coach Royal's wife. We have some good ole boys with deep pockets who will like that...Not sure what he will do with Applewhite as co-OC. The boosters love him.

College FB is just full of so many classy people like Bobby Petrino!

Petrino is a miserable piece of shit...but I don't want him here to teach morals. He's a hell of a football coach. I wouldn't calibrate my moral compass to anybody in the public limelight.

Also, Louisville isn't in the Big East any more (this year was AAC, next year will be ACC).

No. 9 and No. 22 tonight. Just goes to show money doesn't buy everything...

BN-AZ367_COUNT0_G_20140105204806.jpg

Yeah, but that's also based on alumni sales, endorsement deals, TV markets, etc. The #1 school has the largest student population of any school, and two of the other top 4 are right up next to it, including stadium size relevant to # of seats.

That was a great game last night, as was each BCS game this season. I am excited for the new playoff system, but hope that it wont take long until they expand to 8 teams. I think 4 isn't enough, but it's a start.

So the criminals beat the crooks. Or is it the other way around?

This morning I was most amused by reading the facebook banter from last night. It seems that many people (not Auburn fans) were touting the SEC's dominance early in the game.

Not many excuses Auburn (SEC) can make. There was clearly just better athletes playing for Florida St. That was shown on that last game winning drive.

I do admit from Auburn's perspective it was probably one of those "we did not lose we just ran out of time" type deal. Neither defense was playing well late in the game.

looks like Petrion is going back to Louisville... I wish College Football would stop supporting this poor behavior. I know they wont, but its sad..

and just think someone like George OLeary just had a few "streches" in his resume and got canned from ND and hasnt been heard of since..

But pieces of shit like Petrino, Cam Netwon, etc keep getting 2nd and 4rd chances.....

looks like Petrion is going back to Louisville... I wish College Football would stop supporting this poor behavior. I know they wont, but its sad..

and just think someone like George OLeary just had a few "streches" in his resume and got canned from ND and hasnt been heard of since..

But pieces of shit like Petrino, Cam Netwon, etc keep getting 2nd and 4rd chances.....

OLeary just won the Fiesta Bowl.

He hurt Jurich more than anyone and so if Jurich (Athletic Director) forgives him who am I to judge. He wasn't who I preferred (I preferred Strong to stay) but I'm not going to stop supporting my alma matter over the coaching choices.

not saying stop supporting your alma mater but I just think its wrong the ways these college teams go about their business with criminal players who probably cant read and coaches that are terrible examples of human beings.. but thats how the future mike vick and ray lewis's of the world come to be i reckon...

^^^^True that...

This past game featured all the things that are wrong with college football.

Auburn had a QB that was kicked out of another university for reasons I do not remember now. The same happened with Cam Newton, which was dropped by Florida because he stole a laptop. Then Auburn paid him big money to play for them. What????...I know...SEC investigated and there were no violations. Yes...And I am tall, handsome, and heck of a ladies man.

FSU had a QB that we all know by now the situation he was. In his case there we will never know what happened there but the kid has a "swagger" that makes me wonder.

But as long as you know how to throw the ball, run all over other athletes, etc etc...you pretty much can go to any college you want, even if you do not give a crap about studying.

Glad to see Manzell is headed to the NFL. Now he can be an overpaid first round draft pick whose small stature, reckless flailing outside the pocket, and up for grabs lob passes will make him the next Brady Quinn/Jimmy Clausen.

So the criminals beat the crooks. Or is it the other way around?

I think that's right.

BTW. This is a culture that starts in high school. If you are the best athlete, you are a team leader...it doesn't matter how you spend your time outside of Friday night lights.

Back