Classic Commercials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
If you grew up in the Chicago metropolitan area in the late 80/early 90s then you would remember the Eagle Man commercials.

two blonde females get into an accident and the driver says she doesn't have insurance. Then all of a sudden there was a thud on the roof. They look at each other and say IT MUST BE EAGLE MAN! they get out of the car and there is a guy dressed in an bird costume and says I've got something for you, is a stupid attempt at a bird voice. then the camera pans to him sitting on an large egg which contains car insurance, if I recall correctly. Thent he girls say something along the line of look at those low rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Where's the Beef button when I was five. It was huge.

Denver folks might get this one- remember when they got a new Shagman for Rocky's Autos? I think the original may have had a heart attack.

I also like that Cadbury has been using the same bunny commercial for years.

These are probably way before anybody's time -

Plop plop, fizz fizz - Alka Seltzer

I can't believe I ate the whole thing - Alka Seltzer again.

"It's too big to eat" - Rodney Alan Rippy for Jack in the Box.

And "Where's the Beef" of course.

If you grew up in the Chicago metropolitan area in the late 80/early 90s then you would remember the Eagle Man commercials.
two blonde females get into an accident and the driver says she doesn't have insurance. Then all of a sudden there was a thud on the roof. They look at each other and say IT MUST BE EAGLE MAN! they get out of the car and there is a guy dressed in an bird costume and says I've got something for you, is a stupid attempt at a bird voice. then the camera pans to him sitting on an large egg which contains car insurance, if I recall correctly. Thent he girls say something along the line of look at those low rates.
That commercial is 20 years old? I guess I am getting old.

These are probably way before anybody's time -
Plop plop, fizz fizz - Alka Seltzer

I can't believe I ate the whole thing - Alka Seltzer again.

"It's too big to eat" - Rodney Alan Rippy for Jack in the Box.

And "Where's the Beef" of course.
Oh, no. I remember the Alka Seltzer and Where's the Beef ones.

There's the Aiwa commercial from the 90's with a hearse driver jamming to "Another One Bites the Dust". Of course, I still contend the best in recent years is the Fedex/Kinko's commercial with the discussion of everyone's flaws:

Manager: "Rick, can you fold under pressure for me? Rick: "Like a lawn chair."

from the chicago burbs...Bob ROAAAAAARRRRRRMMMMAAAAAANN. I multi-site car dealership owner that used a lion with a crown as his mascot on the commericals and billboards.

Earle Scheib: "Riiiiiiight!, I'll paint any car for just ninety nine ninety five!!"

Back