China thinks it can defeat America in battle

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just going to make a Red Dawn reference. Maybe I'll watch that tonight.

ROBERT FTMFW!!!!

I loved that movie... it was so much more believable than all your space movies...

Edit- then again, it also had Patrick Swayze in it...
Actually, that movie had a ton of young stars in it.

Space movies? Are you trying to tell me that cybernetic organisms from the planet Cybertron do NOT exist? :huh: Lies....

But anyway- I will say, this thread instigated discussions in our house tonight... and I do believe if they were smart enough, they could figure it out... mostly because we came up with a way they could- however it would have to be the most ingenious military strategy that they have ever come up with...
IMO, the most plausible way of realistically crippling an infrastructure is through cyber warfare. Watch or re-watch Die Hard 4 as an example. A realistic (not Hollywood style) "fire sale" would put a pretty good dent in things. No emergency response services, no way to call anyone, and basically a power grid in mass disarray. Now you're not only fighting a military, but citizens that are in a complete panic.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^It's how the Decepticons did it in the 1st Transformers movie. Scramble the satellites and suddenly your opponent is blind...

I was just going to make a Red Dawn reference. Maybe I'll watch that tonight.

ROBERT FTMFW!!!!

I loved that movie... it was so much more believable than all your space movies...

Edit- then again, it also had Patrick Swayze in it...
Actually, that movie had a ton of young stars in it.

Space movies? Are you trying to tell me that cybernetic organisms from the planet Cybertron do NOT exist? :huh: Lies....

But anyway- I will say, this thread instigated discussions in our house tonight... and I do believe if they were smart enough, they could figure it out... mostly because we came up with a way they could- however it would have to be the most ingenious military strategy that they have ever come up with...
IMO, the most plausible way of realistically crippling an infrastructure is through cyber warfare. Watch or re-watch Die Hard 4 as an example. A realistic (not Hollywood style) "fire sale" would put a pretty good dent in things. No emergency response services, no way to call anyone, and basically a power grid in mass disarray. Now you're not only fighting a military, but citizens that are in a complete panic.

And where are they now? Either dead or crazy... and no I disagree with your argument of cyber warfare, while that would probably be their logic as well, we can semi-prepare for that- might do mad crazy damage to us, but I don't think they would beat us that way

And where are they now? Either dead or crazy... and no I disagree with your argument of cyber warfare, while that would probably be their logic as well, we can semi-prepare for that- might do mad crazy damage to us, but I don't think they would beat us that way
Agree to disagree. I didn't actually say that cyber warfare is how they would defeat us. That's how they would in essence, disable the infrastructure. From there, military forces would be able to then make their own moves. If you can get it on Netflix, check out DH4. It's kind of scary to see what really can be done with a computer.

Agreed on McAfee......good lord. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back