China thinks it can defeat America in battle

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more concerned with their cyber war capabilities, and their ability to shoot satellites (read GPS networks) out of the sky. China and Russia are both creating their own GPS networks. If ours goes down, how many of our technology based military systems will also go down?

China will be able to defeat us the same way we defeated the Germans on D-day: shear numbers. The scary part about the below picture is that the circle is ~40% water and uninhabited...

CK6aONG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On 24, they took out two of our surveillance satellites and left us blind. Tune in next week to see who wins.

China will be able to defeat us the same way we defeated the Germans on D-day: shear numbers. The scary part about the below picture is that the circle is ~40% water and uninhabited...

Not exactly apples to apples. They would have one hell of a time trying to mobilize that many people and actually get them to our shores without being obliterated. How long do you think their government could hold off a citizens revolt if you cut off their ability to import goods?

Not exactly apples to apples. They would have one hell of a time trying to mobilize that many people and actually get them to our shores without being obliterated. How long do you think their government could hold off a citizens revolt if you cut off their ability to import goods?

This. Plus it'll be a cold day in hell before India and Western China unite with the government of Beijing for any cause.

while it wouldnt be easy, i think our weapons of mass destruction would be > than their billions of people..

It wont be easy for them to get here. While neanderthal army folks like myself make fun of the chair force and the navy, they do possess some potent capabilities. Hell rumor has it the battleship fleet, even in mothball stage is always "deployable", I think we have a few dozen nuke subs?

The US Navy really doesnot have a adversary on this planet that could match their training and technology, WWII the Japanese and US were fairly even in terms of technology and even greatly outnumbered the US prevailed...WW II was really won by 1.) Brass Balls, and 2) creativity on behalf of the US MIlitary Leaders (from the top down).. while other countries have soliders with similar balls, they just lack the command structure that allows their military to function even after the officers have been killed.....

I'd guess our weapons of mass destruction = their weapons of mass destruction, which leads to Mutually Assured Destruction. But the point of the article is strategically avoiding that fate.

Even if they could take out the majority of our technology, while we took out the majority of theirs, I think we would fair better as a nation. I think that there are enough of us both military and civilian that could go Red Dawn on their butts....

Even if they could take out the majority of our technology, while we took out the majority of theirs, I think we would fair better as a nation. I think that there are enough of us both military and civilian that could go Red Dawn on their butts....

I would probably Leroy it up and chase those commies down with my buck knife and pistol COD style......oh wait what's that red dot over there?

stolen? Hell Slick Willy and Barry Obama already gave them out for free!

They should have made the sequal to Red Dawn the CHina invasion would have maybe not sucked so much?

I was just going to make a Red Dawn reference. Maybe I'll watch that tonight.

ROBERT FTMFW!!!!

I was just going to make a Red Dawn reference. Maybe I'll watch that tonight.

ROBERT FTMFW!!!!

I loved that movie... it was so much more believable than all your space movies...

Edit- then again, it also had Patrick Swayze in it...

Last edited by a moderator:
But anyway- I will say, this thread instigated discussions in our house tonight... and I do believe if they were smart enough, they could figure it out... mostly because we came up with a way they could- however it would have to be the most ingenious military strategy that they have ever come up with...

Back