chemical vs general afternoon exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeeOne

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken both exams??? If so, which exam would suggest for someone with my circumstances.

I was a ChemE major 16-17 years ago (degree in chemistry).

I am a chemist at an environmental agency.

I am currently taken an FE prep course at work that will eventually go over the general and environmental afternoon exams in addition to the morning exam.

I have until Feb 1 2011 to decide which afternoon exam I will be taking (no we won't get to the afternoons by then).

As of tonight I think I will be trying the 60-Day FE Exam Cafe (EXFE60) for $50 in an effort to help with this dilemma.

Last night I went to a bookstore and tried the first 10 problems for morning and first 6 for afternoon (general) from a practice exam got 7/10 in 18 mins and 1/6 in in 20 mins.

Any advise???

Just realized I put this in the PE section...sorry about that...I'm a message board novice. Is there anyway to delete a previous post or topic that you started?

I am a chemical engineer and I took the general afternoon. I used the FE Review Manual and the NCEES supplied reference book almost exclusively to study for the FE. My thinking was that if I had to learn the wide range of subjects for the morning session that I would just go ahead and study them in depth and take the general afternoon.

I think if your not a ChemE or have been out of school for a long time (as you have been) you may want to cut down on the scope of topics you will be covering and I think taking the general in the afternoon helps with that.

Back