Cerm Appendix Tricks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccryalphabetsoup

Reaction score
been working through H2O-Res 6min sol'n...curious if anyone has been successful in finding obscure appendices in the cerm which greatly simplify some problems e.g. - Hazen/Williams and Mannings nomographs

figured i'd toss it out there :)

been working through H2O-Res 6min sol'n...curious if anyone has been successful in finding obscure appendices in the cerm which greatly simplify some problems e.g. - Hazen/Williams and Mannings nomographs
While reading/working-through chapters 17, 18, and 19 of the CERM example and practice problems you get a lot of experience using the Appendices you're after.

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'Appendix Tricks' or 'Obscure Appendices'. Can you explain?

IMO, the ONLY trick you need to know about the CERM is that there is a section called "appendices" towards the back, starts on page A-1 and ends on page A-155 (in my 11th edition) and you should know/memorize/tab/have a working knowledge of each one of those charts…pretty simple!!

I agree in H20 AM and PM a lot of Apend. Required and each time they are different from friction factor, Reynold no, pipe dia and areas, C and n values, graphs of n, D etc . You need to be familiar where to get them.

My suggestion if you to familiarize do lot of prob in H20 res in AM and PM and learn how to apply them. Good luck.

Practice and doing problems will get you to know them appedices, those tables are very specific on where to be applied.

Practise previous exam questions. Do as many problems as you can. so much that your finers get trained on the calculator for different types of problems.

Back