Can't take the waiting!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam314159

CMON PE!
Reaction score
It's only been 30 days and it will probably be another 30 before we get our results! I can't take this waiting anymore, is there not an option for rush processing? :D

Longer it takes the more i think I failed
I thought it was 50/50 after the exam
Why would you think you failed? I saw you answer a few questions on the forums before and it sounded like you had this stuff down. I think you will be OK! I think it's natural to feel less and less confident as time goes by because we start forgetting concepts and things just naturally start looking more vague and negative.

Glad I'm not the only one. Halfway there and I think I'm gonna go nuts.

And trying not to think about it makes it worse, I swear.

Why would you think you failed? I saw you answer a few questions on the forums before and it sounded like you had this stuff down. I think you will be OK! I think it's natural to feel less and less confident as time goes by because we start forgetting concepts and things just naturally start looking more vague and negative.
i forgot to study power electronics

There was some additional discussion on this topic here. The wait is very difficult as others have pointed out. But it is what it is. You have deal with it by distracting yourself from thinking about it. Focus on work, activities, family, etc. To quote a few posts from the thread above:

It does get worse, only because you start really knowing results are almost out and other states start getting results. However, here's the deal- don't study. Unless you guessed on the entire exam, you just don't know and you probably passed, but you're just doubting because you can't know and now you're forgetting the exam. DON'T STUDY. Even if you failed (fingers crossed you didn't), you'll have plenty of time to study. Relax, enjoy life, it'll be okay :)
Yes...this is totally normal. I felt pretty good after the exam but the more I thought about the problems the more I convinced myself I got them all wrong. There is not much you can do at this point. The waiting stinks but weeks before the results come out you will be a wreck. And this board will be buzzing with anticipation. When you get that passing letter and read those first few words that say "Congratulations..." you will be on a high for weeks. I think I was more excited knowing I didn't have to go through all that again.
Good luck on results! :)

There was some additional discussion on this topic here. The wait is very difficult as others have pointed out. But it is what it is. You have deal with it by distracting yourself from thinking about it. Focus on work, activities, family, etc.
Or you can obsessively check this board every 10 minutes for results for the next month. That's what I did at least. :eek:ld-025:

Posted this in the "Anything about PE exam" forum. Thought I would share here too.

While waiting for the Oct. 2010 results, someone posted the link below to try and help lighten the mood a bit. I found it to be pretty funny. Hopefully all of you will get to experience something similar. :)

I did my victory dance as a way to surprise my parents:

you know the first 2 weeks after the exam I was really stressing out just because I still had memory of the exam and remember how stressful it was those 8 weeks of study. But know I'm just enjoying life with the family and my kids. In top of that the weather is beatiful and I'm keeping myself busy at the gym and the park. By the time the results get here I won't mind studying another 4 weeks for the next exam... Good luck everyone!!

you know the first 2 weeks after the exam I was really stressing out just because I still had memory of the exam and remember how stressful it was those 8 weeks of study. But know I'm just enjoying life with the family and my kids. In top of that the weather is beatiful and I'm keeping myself busy at the gym and the park. By the time the results get here I won't mind studying another 4 weeks for the next exam... Good luck everyone!!
You may not need to study for another 4 weeks. Hopefully!

I heard that the FE results were released yesterday, is there typically a relationship between FE results release and PE results release?

I heard that the FE results were released yesterday, is there typically a relationship between FE results release and PE results release?
According to another thread, there's about a 1 week difference between the PS/FS to the FE and then another week to the PE. This time there was 5 days, so it looks good.

Maybe 1 week left.

Willsee! I wanted to bump this thread just so I can say "TOLD YOU SO"!! Congratulations buddy! I'm still waiting on mine by letter, hopefully it will be a good outcome too :D

Back