California - Seismic/Survey Results Distribution

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update from my contact

[SIZE=11pt]We have asked NCEES to release the national results this morning. The state exams should be out by tomorrow. However, we will try to start the release this afternoon if we can. And, yes, each and every one of the results is getting sent out by email. That is part of the reason why it takes so long to release everything. Civil Engineer results, of course, take the longest because of the volume and the coordination of three exams, so please give it some time before you receive it.   [/SIZE]
Once again, thank you acesar!  I don't know what to make of that, but at least it's something.

Once again, thank you acesar!  I don't know what to make of that, but at least it's something.
if you read that and the social media update it does say they will send it out by Friday. Not on Friday

FYI to everyone. 

Last October I got the password email at 3:52 pm.  Results came at 7:05 pm.

In April I got the password email at 2:14 pm...  And the results came the following morning at 8:59 am.  

Those are all CA local times, assuming Google time-stamps for my time zone and not CA's. 

FYI to everyone. 

Last October I got the password email at 3:52 pm.  Results came at 7:05 pm.

In April I got the password email at 2:14 pm...  And the results came the following morning at 8:59 am.  

Those are all CA local times, assuming Google time-stamps for my time zone and not CA's. 
Did you also get the 8-hr national results in those cycles?  If so, how long after those results did you get the password email?

Did you also get the 8-hr national results in those cycles?  If so, how long after those results did you get the password email?
In October 2015 I got the email from NCEES at 1:42 pm CA time.  It was a pass, so I don't have a time-stamp for you on when the NCEES results were released in April.  

Same here.  I got the email at 1:43pm last October and the results just before 4pm.

I'm hoping to hear about seismic today.  MY coworker just found out that they didn't pass the 8-hr for the 7th try. 

Yes you read that correctly.  I have a few coworkers who have taken it that many times and a few who have given up since they are closer to retirement than a promotion at this point.

Same here.  I got the email at 1:43pm last October and the results just before 4pm.

I'm hoping to hear about seismic today.  MY coworker just found out that they didn't pass the 8-hr for the 7th try. 

Yes you read that correctly.  I have a few coworkers who have taken it that many times and a few who have given up since they are closer to retirement than a promotion at this point.
Wow that sounds brutal. Which depth(s) have they attempted?

Man, I'm only on attempt #3 for the surveying exam and I'm about ready to just give up on a CA license if I didn't pass it this time...  I applaud your co-worker's resilience.  I hope for them that they make it next time, if they decide to attempt again.

they are all in transportation so that is my guess.  I know one took water resources at one point.  Kind of odd since they have no experience in water.  I'm not sure I could keep trying that long.  They are stronger than me in that regard.

Holy cow, that really is determination. I really, really hope that if that person goes for an 8th try, that they pass!

Holy cow, that really is determination. I really, really hope that if that person goes for an 8th try, that they pass!
They are determined or compelled by office culture, I'm not sure which.  The problem is that they don't change their study strategy and have convinced themselves that they are so close and just have bad luck or are poor test takers.  The reason is they don't study (life gets in the way) and they don't learn from past results.  The diagnostic was invaluable for me after my 1st try at transportation.

Please post here as soon as you receive your California seismic or survey results emails.

For those that don't know the process you'll get an email with a pin identifier and then hours later you'll get another email with a secure document containing the test results; the pin identifier will be required to open the results document.

Fingers crossed for good news!
On December 15th, 2015, I received an email at 3:53 pm PST with the identification number.  At 7:33 pm PST I received the email with the results.  Let's see what happens this exam cycle.  Took Seismic the first time and was way too slow.  This time took Seismic and Surveying and felt good.  They are the only ones I need, fingers crossed.

is it possible to get the seismic and survey emails today, or i should just try to focus on work.

is it possible to get the seismic and survey emails today, or i should just try to focus on work.
I'd say low single digit odds.... Seems to me they rarely are distributed on the same day as NCEES results are released. Back to work for now.

I'd say low single digit odds.... Seems to me they rarely are distributed on the same day as NCEES results are released. Back to work for now.
@PugPE just said above that they came out later in the same day as ncees, unless I'm reading it wrong.  Everything I've seen so far has said it's same day, but later in the evening.  Then again, this year hasn't exactly followed the trends of the last few cycles.

@PugPE just said above that they came out later in the same day as ncees, unless I'm reading it wrong.  Everything I've seen so far has said it's same day, but later in the evening.  Then again, this year hasn't exactly followed the trends of the last few cycles.
Sorry, I'm not reading everything as closely as I was... I'll say in April 16' for me I got the state exam results the day after the national exam.

Back