CALIFORNIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can't be long now. Hang in there guys/gals! Your :rtft: is comming!!

What you guys in California should do is to band together and have a serious talk with the Board's boss who are Arnold and the state senators and state representatives. They should have power to make the Board quicker in this exam result announcement.

Briane: I passed the PE exam (TX) and I just received a FE & PE exam catalog from KAPLAN which I never had received before. I would conjecture that someone could have obtained a list of failed candidates from the Board. This would scare the heck out of me if I don't have the exam result already. So don't worry.

What you guys in California should do is to band together and have a serious talk with the Board's boss who are Arnold and the state senators and state representatives. They should have power to make the Board quicker in this exam result announcement.
It's a nice thought, but this isn't going to happen. Once people pass they forget about it. I've read people proposing this since before I took the exam in 2005. It never goes anywhere. But once again, a nice thought for furture examinees.

It is our turn to have a party!!!

At this time of the next week, I may get my results.

It is our turn to have a party!!!
At this time of the next week, I may get my results.

Just checked the data base to see if the last EE number they had was still empty and low and behold it wasn't. Number 18323 was taken and it ran all the way up to 18344 also the database was updated Jan 22, 2008 the funny thing is that all the new license holders are out of state........So how do they get to be updated to the database before the cut score is determined but the rest of the people that live in CA dont???? Do the out of state test takers get special treatment because they are out of state? I thought all CA test takers are categorized into the same group and get there results at the same time and are subject to the same cut scores. This seems a little obscure to me........

Just checked the data base to see if the last EE number they had was still empty and low and behold it wasn't. Number 18323 was taken and it ran all the way up to 18344 also the database was updated Jan 22, 2008 the funny thing is that all the new license holders are out of state........So how do they get to be updated to the database before the cut score is determined but the rest of the people that live in CA dont???? Do the out of state test takers get special treatment because they are out of state? I thought all CA test takers are categorized into the same group and get there results at the same time and are subject to the same cut scores. This seems a little obscure to me........
Those are probably people applying for reciprocity that already have a PE in another state. EE's don't have state-specific tests, right?

Those are probably people applying for reciprocity that already have a PE in another state. EE's don't have state-specific tests, right?
Yes EE's do have a state specific test. It is a take home test though. What is reciprocity?

Yes EE's do have a state specific test. It is a take home test though. What is reciprocity?
According to the other board:

""Reciprocity" is the act of recognizing you as a "professional engineer" in one state by virtue of your license in another. Most states offer registration by comity. Under comity, you won't have to retake the PE exam, but you might still have to complete an application, submit references, list your experience, take any special state-specific exams, and/or pay a fee. Under reciprocity, your status as a professional engineer in a new state would be (essentially) automatic, given your status as a professional in another."

The Take Home Test isn't graded like the rest of the test, you can send it in with your application and have the results before you take the PE.

According to the other board:
""Reciprocity" is the act of recognizing you as a "professional engineer" in one state by virtue of your license in another. Most states offer registration by comity. Under comity, you won't have to retake the PE exam, but you might still have to complete an application, submit references, list your experience, take any special state-specific exams, and/or pay a fee. Under reciprocity, your status as a professional engineer in a new state would be (essentially) automatic, given your status as a professional in another."

The Take Home Test isn't graded like the rest of the test, you can send it in with your application and have the results before you take the PE.

Correct me if im wrong but I thought California did not recognize any other state's PE registration??

Correct me if im wrong but I thought California did not recognize any other state's PE registration??
California recognizes the license for everyone except civils. Civils have to take two extra exams. EEs, MEs, etc can all get added by comity or reciporcity. None of these new license holders are due to the recent exam. And unless your results are delayed in the mail, you will have the letter in your hot little hand before any recent examinees are added to the database. That's how it has been for about the past 4 years - unless this year is radically different. Which I really doubt.

California recognizes the license for everyone except civils. Civils have to take two extra exams. EEs, MEs, etc can all get added by comity or reciporcity. None of these new license holders are due to the recent exam. And unless your results are delayed in the mail, you will have the letter in your hot little hand before any recent examinees are added to the database. That's how it has been for about the past 4 years - unless this year is radically different. Which I really doubt.
By experience last april......if you failed you will get your letter late after the database has been updated. For the last april exam a buddy of mine got his letter then his name was added to the database before I even got my failure letter. So I say if you passed you will get your letter quickly (because they want you to send in your registration money fast!!!) like within the first 2-3 days of mailing the letters.

By experience last april......if you failed you will get your letter late after the database has been updated. For the last april exam a buddy of mine got his letter then his name was added to the database before I even got my failure letter. So I say if you passed you will get your letter quickly (because they want you to send in your registration money fast!!!) like within the first 2-3 days of mailing the letters.
I don't know what you're talking about. You pay your registration money before you take the exam, it is included in the fee. If you pass, you don't have to pay any more for 6 months. If you got your failure letter late it was because your mail was delayed for some reason. I've known at least twenty people who work in my area who have taken the exam over the past four years and pass or fail, they all got their letters before the database was updated.

I don't know what you're talking about. You pay your registration money before you take the exam, it is included in the fee. If you pass, you don't have to pay any more for 6 months. If you got your failure letter late it was because your mail was delayed for some reason. I've known at least twenty people who work in my area who have taken the exam over the past four years and pass or fail, they all got their letters before the database was updated.

I have yet to get my letter in a timely manner and I live not 30 miles from Sacramento! I have taken the test 4 times too. Maybe im just special.......

I have yet to get my letter in a timely manner and I live not 30 miles from Sacramento! I have taken the test 4 times too. Maybe im just special.......
I also got my F-A-I-L-E-D letter in Jan 2007 along with everyone else that passed. PASS or FAIL the letters go out together (as my experience goes)...

So I suppose the letters should go out today? Has anyone heard anything at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
The announcement last fall was that they would mail the letters on January 28 and you could request a duplicate letter (in case you never got the first one) on February 2. (or something like that)

Is today the day they decide on the cut score? Are there really people deciding my fate, right now?

I really don't want to end up back in Pomona in April. And I'd like to unpack the cart of books that's been sitting in my office for the past three months.

The announcement last fall was that they would mail the letters on January 28 and you could request a duplicate letter (in case you never got the first one) on February 2. (or something like that)
Is today the day they decide on the cut score? Are there really people deciding my fate, right now?

I really don't want to end up back in Pomona in April. And I'd like to unpack the cart of books that's been sitting in my office for the past three months.

I would say that yes today is the date.....but we will not hear anything until monday. :smileyballs:

Back