CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All, I did receive a report this afternoon that one bin of the results letters for PE - Civil did not make the cutoff for mail late Friday afternoon as submitted for post marking.
Those letters went out first thing this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Board for Professional Engineers,

Land Surveyors, and Geologists

Ric,

Any idea if you send these out by last name? i.e. is there a group of last names, say a-g, that will be waiting. Or is it random?
A friend in my area got the letter yesterday, his last name starts with R. Mine starts with G and no letter yet. What if the last bin was the lucky one, as priorities were given to letters with bad news so people can re-register for the test? I am liking my theory so much :)

My last name also starts with a G. I also know some one in my are (SLC, UT) that recieved a letter. They did not show up for the test, so it was basicaly a failing letter. I hope your theory is right, but it might just be the last name "G"

All, I did receive a report this afternoon that one bin of the results letters for PE - Civil did not make the cutoff for mail late Friday afternoon as submitted for post marking.
Those letters went out first thing this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric,

Any idea if you send these out by last name? i.e. is there a group of last names, say a-g, that will be waiting. Or is it random?
A friend in my area got the letter yesterday, his last name starts with R. Mine starts with G and no letter yet. What if the last bin was the lucky one, as priorities were given to letters with bad news so people can re-register for the test? I am liking my theory so much :)
I definitely like your theory!, hope it gets proven! I think they purposely hold back on updating the database until everybody gets their letter. With this mail mis-hap, who knows whats gonna happen now though. My last name starts with S and still no letter/ near Santa Cruz.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric,

I definitely like your theory!, hope it gets proven! I think they purposely hold back on updating the database until everybody gets their letter. With this mail mis-hap, who knows whats gonna happen now though. My last name starts with S and still no letter/ near Santa Cruz.
so if you are in santa cruz and didnt get it then I wouldn't be getting it today in the Los Angeles area? i thought calif was suppose to be quicker than ny this time.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric,

so if you are in santa cruz and didnt get it then I wouldn't be getting it today in the Los Angeles area? i thought calif was suppose to be quicker than ny this time.
I live in a rural area outside of Santa Cruz, so I might not see my letter till Wednesday, if my letter was in the bundle which mailed on Monday morning.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric,

I live in a rural area outside of Santa Cruz, so I might not see my letter till Wednesday, if my letter was in the bundle which mailed on Monday morning.
Good luck to all those still awaiting results!

Thanks again to all the people here and to EB.

Passed PE-Power in CA!!!

:party-smiley-048:

When you guys don't recieve a letter today, would you mind posting the first letter of your last name? Now that we know that there was that bin that did not get picked up....

I'm in SLC, UT - no letter in the mail today, last name starts with 'G'

I know someone else in SLC that recieved the letter yesterday, last name started with "V"

When you guys don't recieve a letter today, would you mind posting the first letter of your last name? Now that we know that there was that bin that did not get picked up....

I know someone else in SLC that recieved the letter yesterday, last name started with "V"

I'm in the LA area of So Cal. Last name starts with T. Co worker and another person I know got their letters yesterday.

I'm in the LA area of So Cal. Last name starts with T. Co worker and another person I know got their letters yesterday.
Did the co-worker and the person got bad news?

I think i have officially bought off on the monday letters being the Notice that you are now a P.E. and have passed. I have not seen one person post that they Passed CIVIL and were notified by mail yet. I was only waiting on seismic and felt good leaving the test. Same thing with my buddy, and he lives in modesto and still hasnt recieved letter. We both have different last initials. I have seen alot of posters who are still waiting and most of them were waiting to only pass seismic or surveying(therefore their chance of being a P.E. are higher vs. 3 tests to pass). Is there anyone out there who felt like they bombed or guessed the whole thing but havent recieved the letter?

I think i have officially bought off on the monday letters being the Notice that you are now a P.E. and have passed. I have not seen one person post that they Passed CIVIL and were notified by mail yet. I was only waiting on seismic and felt good leaving the test. Same thing with my buddy, and he lives in modesto and still hasnt recieved letter. We both have different last initials. I have seen alot of posters who are still waiting and most of them were waiting to only pass seismic or surveying(therefore their chance of being a P.E. are higher vs. 3 tests to pass). Is there anyone out there who felt like they bombed or guessed the whole thing but havent recieved the letter?
The person that I know in SLC that got it yesterday (as mentioned above) got bad news. They were only waiting on Eng Survey (for civil) and failed...

Did the co-worker and the person got bad news?
bad news...which leads me to believe we are waiting for good news.

The person that I know in SLC that got it yesterday (as mentioned above) got bad news. They were only waiting on Eng Survey (for civil) and failed...
I took all three, got the passing notice for the 8hr. Felt great about the seismic and good about the survey..

I took all three, got the passing notice for the 8hr. Felt great about the seismic and good about the survey..
I just had Survey and Seismic, no notice yet, and feel really good about both...

Does anybody know if they will upload California seismic and surveying test results on the NCEES website?

Thanks

Does anybody know if they will upload California seismic and surveying test results on the NCEES website?
Thanks
only the 8-hr exam results will be posted on the NCEES website...

the state specific Surveying and Seismic results will be mailed my BPELS via USPS (Postal mail)....

BPELS have mailed some of the results on Friday (jan 7) and some on Monday (Jan 10).

Good Luck

Back