CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching this thread for a while now. For what it is worth I am just waiting to see if I passed the survey section and although I live less than an hour from Sacramento I have not yet gotten a letter...

I have been watching this thread for a while now. For what it is worth I am just waiting to see if I passed the survey section and although I live less than an hour from Sacramento I have not yet gotten a letter...
Hmmm, maybe they are mailing the results to passers of both test later then??

I think they just put them in the mail Friday without any kind of system and you'll get it whenever mail gets to your area. I got mine today (Monterey) and it looks like another guy in Santa Cruz got his as well today. Typically, correspondence from me to and from the board only takes a day or two from where I live.

My wife called me at work to tell me the Cal PELS letter came. I passed Survey and bombed Seismic. Makes sense since I studied my a. off for Survey and maybe spent 4 total hours on Seismic.
I did the other way around - besides the work experience in Structures I went through both Hiner and Lindburgh plus my company's in house study guide. For surveying I just went through old college notes and the paperback from PPI. What books did you use Ptatohed?

PS Ill be glad to help you out with Seismic.

So I got the letter today which confirmed what I already knew. Now I can take the letter to work tomorrow and say "ok, put me at the top of the Engineer classification and give me my RAISE!"

banana.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Santa Cruz Mtns, Felton PO, didn't get my letter today. Big emotional rollercoaster. Just waiting on Surveying only. I bet the passing letters and failing letters go out in two separate bundles, with priority for the folks who failed, but believe both bundles got to the Sacto post office on Friday. I should get my letter tomorrow. Wish they would of just posted them on the website.

I'm in Santa Cruz Mtns, Felton PO, didn't get my letter today. Big emotional rollercoaster. Just waiting on Surveying only. I bet the passing letters and failing letters go out in two separate bundles, with priority for the folks who failed, but believe both bundles got to the Sacto post office on Friday. I should get my letter tomorrow. Wish they would of just posted them on the website.
This sounds like a pretty solid theory, and the posts from folks so far support it. I think I want my leter sometime Thursday :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All, I did receive a report this afternoon that one bin of the results letters for PE - Civil did not make the cutoff for mail late Friday afternoon as submitted for post marking.

Those letters went out first thing this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Board for Professional Engineers,

Land Surveyors, and Geologists

So I got the letter today which confirmed what I already knew. Now I can take the letter to work tomorrow and say "ok, put me at the top of the Engineer classification and give me my RAISE!
banana.gif

Where do you live RobertR?

Did you pass three? If so, it will reject the theory of late mail receipt for passed PE!
I shall allow RobertR to respond, but i see he is registered as Mechanical...

So I got the letter today which confirmed what I already knew. Now I can take the letter to work tomorrow and say "ok, put me at the top of the Engineer classification and give me my RAISE!
banana.gif

Where do you live RobertR?

Did you pass three? If so, it will reject the theory of late mail receipt for passed PE!
I shall allow RobertR to respond, but i see he is registered as Mechanical...
That's correct.

All, I did receive a report this afternoon that one bin of the results letters for PE - Civil did not make the cutoff for mail late Friday afternoon as submitted for post marking.
Those letters went out first thing this morning. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ah, thanks Ric, this explains a lot! Any idea of the size of the bin? 1000 ?

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ah, thanks Ric, this explains a lot! Any idea of the size of the bin? 1000 ?
Definitely less than 1000. Exactly how many I don't know.

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric, Good afternoon. I passed Seismic but not surveying. I received the diagnostic report and would like some clarification between Marginal and Deficient. I'm guessing proficient is close enough to a passing score..

same here Serg... I took all 3 for the first time in october 2010. passed 8hr and seismic failed surveying...which I kinda new...what sucks is it was damn easy, time was the only thing that caused this! dang it..I was pretty close too oh well April it is then....

Ric Moore

Examinations Manager

Ric, Good afternoon. I passed Seismic but not surveying. I received the diagnostic report and would like some clarification between Marginal and Deficient. I'm guessing proficient is close enough to a passing score..

Back