CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any hope that CA will beat NY by few minutes?

NY thread says results will be out on Monday.

Any hope that CA will beat NY by few minutes? NY thread says results will be out on Monday.

If it's not out today by 5 pm EST, then NY will release it first.

I give the NY board a lot of credit for having a fixed date set. Now they are acting like professionals having a dead line and want to meet it !!

it's sad that we still don't know the date when they will send result :dancingnaughty: :whipping:

it's sad that we still don't know the date when they will send result :dancingnaughty: :whipping:
No accountability, no transparency, no sense of urgency, no recourse.

I think the only way we can bring about any real change in the process would be to start an official petition, gather enough signatures of registered voters, and submit it to the governor's office. Problem is once engineers get their PE, they usually don't care anymore. Many in my office consider the wait part of "paying your dues".

Best to just enjoy the coming weekend. The board will be here for us to bash on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called Ric, he kept reiterating early Jan, I asked him polietley what is his defination of early Jan since per my definiation early Jan is almost over, he stated that there are some isssues with integrating results (not sure what that means) and result will be out soon, I further asked him if result is not coming out today, he did not commented on it.

so is it safe to assume no results this weekend?
The results are going to be released late December/early January remember? CA Board accountability.

May be we should call them and ask them for a CLEAR definition of early January...
i emailed them this with no response yet:

For the sake of clarification, early=1-10, mid=11-20 and late =21-30/31 right?
We know they got the results from NCEES right after xmas, so they have had two weeks with one holiday, new years, to "validate" the results and prepare notices. It is not like they haven't done this before, and wouldn't take a rocket scientist to estimate a date +/- a day. They have to make it by early next week, I mean like Monday, or there is really something wrong here. And I cannot understand why they have to mail the state specific and not just use the NCEES website as it is stated on the NCEES website. Really frustrated. Thank EB for providing a place to rant.

The results are going to be released late December/early January remember? CA Board accountability.

May be we should call them and ask them for a CLEAR definition of early January...
i emailed them this with no response yet:

We know they got the results from NCEES right after xmas, so they have had two weeks with one holiday, new years, to "validate" the results and prepare notices. It is not like they haven't done this before, and wouldn't take a rocket scientist to estimate a date +/- a day. They have to make it by early next week, I mean like Monday, or there is really something wrong here. And I cannot understand why they have to mail the state specific and not just use the NCEES website as it is stated on the NCEES website. Really frustrated. Thank EB for providing a place to rant.
True true. I'm sure having a common forum has helped us all cope with this BS. Now they need to make PB for the postal workers...might just save a life.

After doing some quick research i figured out that other license exams like nursing, bar exam they give the applicants a date and time and have them log in to review their results. i dont know if is just becuase they have had to be held accountable in the past or they fear being sued for lost wages by lawyers who pass the bar, but they never give a date and change it or tell them to log on and check it out in "early June". I hear that CA board and/or NCEES is thinking about changing over to the computer based testing centers. i wonder if they will also follow suit and give actual dates that results will be available?

So I called Ric, he kept reiterating early Jan, I asked him polietley what is his defination of early Jan since per my definiation early Jan is almost over, he stated that there are some isssues with integrating results (not sure what that means) and result will be out soon, I further asked him if result is not coming out today, he did not commented on it.
how reliable this person is. Probably he is saying next week because he did not want to give exact timeframe. Hopefully today............. :multiplespotting:

Thank you for letting us know.

Sounds like there is a very slight chance of them finishing it today. Most likely not until next week.

Congratulations with almost reaching 70 days of waiting.

:waitwall:

Sounds like there is a very slight chance of them finishing it today. Most likely not until next week.

RESULTS ARE NOT COMING OUT NEXT WEEK TOO. IT WILL BE JUST BEFORE JAN 21. HAVE A NICE DAY AND PROBABLY A WEEK AND HALF!

i emailed them this yesterday with no response yet:

Right...I think that's the definition everywhere except CA.

Some issues that could not be resolved for over a week ?! Talk about waiting until the last minute.

I still give him credit for telling the truth. Thanks Ric.

RESULTS ARE NOT COMING OUT NEXT WEEK TOO. IT WILL BE JUST BEFORE JAN 21. HAVE A NICE DAY AND PROBABLY A WEEK AND HALF!
Keeping your expectations low so you feel like you got them early?

Keeping your expectations low so you feel like you got them early?

I guess we all have to keep the expectations low at this point. The day/week is almost over.

All you whiners need to circle 11 Feb on your calendars since that's when they said they'd have the results, and be happy if it comes sooner. Until then, go find something to do other than sit around and mope.

All you whiners need to circle 11 Feb on your calendars since that's when they said they'd have the results, and be happy if it comes sooner. Until then, go find something to do other than sit around and mope.

YUP

Would do, except i realized the refile date was jan 21, and considering i dont just believe everything i hear like a blind follower, i called the board after the exam and asked how it will be possible to refile by jan 21 if it takes 15 weeks. they said it wont really take that long they just want to avoid phone calls, and that they would be released in time to refile. If you want to drink the cool aid and say this is all great then go ahead. But dont post condescending remarks on here about it. As a matter of fact, quit checking this site if you arent expecting results. and dont post to whine about "whiners" :party-smiley-048: :wanker:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back