CALIFORNIA - RESULTS Oct 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a little more: :mail-296: Wish the Board would just: :mf_pain: the results. Maybe we could all picket outside their office: :please: We're all going to look like :eek:ld-025: by the time we get the results. Maybe set up a fake road closure so they have to stay at the office to get the results out: :construction:

[SIZE=12pt]Let's pray, sacrifice goat and/or chicken, spit over your left shoulder, knock on the wood, etc. etc. etc. and hope that our misery will end tomorrow!!!![/SIZE]

:holyness:

SapperPE said:
Well, my company has a branch office that does already do work in CA and someone there has a CA license. I understand you don't feel like it will help me in my company, but I spoke with my boss about it and he felt it would be a good move for me. Like I said before, I helped my husband study for it every night for months before he took the test last October. After helping him prepare, I felt like I was ready to take it. That is the only reason why I jumped the gun on it.
If I end up needing to retake the test in KS, that's just the way its going to be. My husband has had co-workers go out to CA and take it with no problems getting reciprocity.

I have spoken with a lot of people about this and all the things you outlined above are probably the reasons why I am so anxious about results.
Fair enough. It makes sense if you can do work in California, and I didn't realize your company had a California foothold.

This is not true. There is nothing wrong with living in one state and having your primary license in another. If this were the case, they would require proof of residence to even take the test! Go ahead and put PE all over the place (if you earned it that is).
Actually it is very true. If you live and work in Kansas and are not licensed in Kansas (even if you are in another state), you can not practice on Kansas projects. Now, you can live in Kansas and do California work, and stamp it all day long, but if you start working on a Kansas job and let's say you send an email to a Kansas client and forget to remove the PE from your signature, then you are representing yourself as a PE on a project that is performed in Kansas and that is a no-no. It very possibly can cause you to be prohibited from being licensed in Kansas once you go to apply there for commity and once action is taken on you in one jurisdiction, you must inform all other jurisdictions in which you are licensed of the action. This could result in loss of licensure in the other jurisdictions. Failure to report could cause additional problems. My point is that if you live and work in Kansas and are not licensed there, be extremely careful where and to whom you put your official "PE" title.
Just put "California License #XXXXXX" on your email signature and business cards and you should be fine. That way there's no implication of holding a PE in a state you dont have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should start another blog topic about holding multiple state licenses . This ones about gettin the $#@@@((* Board to give us our results from a scantron test that can be evaluated from a computer in minutes, and human handling for 13+ weeks and has great importance for all those who took it.

SapperPE said:
Actually it is very true. If you live and work in Kansas and are not licensed in Kansas (even if you are in another state), you can not practice on Kansas projects. Now, you can live in Kansas and do California work, and stamp it all day long, but if you start working on a Kansas job and let's say you send an email to a Kansas client and forget to remove the PE from your signature, then you are representing yourself as a PE on a project that is performed in Kansas and that is a no-no. It very possibly can cause you to be prohibited from being licensed in Kansas once you go to apply there for commity and once action is taken on you in one jurisdiction, you must inform all other jurisdictions in which you are licensed of the action. This could result in loss of licensure in the other jurisdictions. Failure to report could cause additional problems. My point is that if you live and work in Kansas and are not licensed there, be extremely careful where and to whom you put your official "PE" title.
I'm doing the same thing (taking my PE in CA to get it earlier than I could in TX) and I talked with both boards, CA and TX, and all Texas said was I can't work on a project in Texas as a PE (i.e. I can't stamp drawings). BUT, if I pass the CA exam there is no problem with me putting "PE" in my signature as I am telling the truth. I am a professional engineer. I know many colleagues who are licensed engineers in Louisiana and yet they keep their "PE" signature in their email on a project being designed and contructed in TX.

The benefit from taking the exam early comes from the increased responsibility I get at work by showing initiative and the drive to be successful.

I don't think that this time the result will depends on the hand of CA board because--->
" When results have been released (typically 8–10 weeks after the exam), NCEES will send an e-mail informing you that your result can be accessed through your My NCEES account."

http://www.ncees.org/Exams/States/CA.php
I did not see this earlier. We might get the results straight from NCEES this way. Some of the other states, it says that they send them to the respective Boards to hand out. 10 weeks would be about Jan. 8th. Makes sense that the re-file deadline is Jan 21st. Kind of makes me mad that the proctor made that 15 week comment.
The results will have to be released in time for the April 2011 registration. The NCEES website says registration is open through 18 Feb. It could still be a while before we get our results in CA. Jan 8th wold be nice, but I don't expect to see anything until the last week of Jan.
How are you going to refile by jan 21 if you expect results in last week of january? :leghump:
I expected the results a couple of weeks ago, but we can all see what that got me. I don't put anything past the CA board. The refile date is arbitrary, they can extend it. My point initially was that some clown at the board was saying late Dec/early Feb, and it was being treated as gospel. Late Dec would have been 8 weeks. CA has never released results that quickly.

SapperPE said:
Well, my company has a branch office that does already do work in CA and someone there has a CA license. I understand you don't feel like it will help me in my company, but I spoke with my boss about it and he felt it would be a good move for me. Like I said before, I helped my husband study for it every night for months before he took the test last October. After helping him prepare, I felt like I was ready to take it. That is the only reason why I jumped the gun on it.
If I end up needing to retake the test in KS, that's just the way its going to be. My husband has had co-workers go out to CA and take it with no problems getting reciprocity.

I have spoken with a lot of people about this and all the things you outlined above are probably the reasons why I am so anxious about results.
Fair enough. It makes sense if you can do work in California, and I didn't realize your company had a California foothold.

This is not true. There is nothing wrong with living in one state and having your primary license in another. If this were the case, they would require proof of residence to even take the test! Go ahead and put PE all over the place (if you earned it that is).
Just put "California License #XXXXXX" on your email signature and business cards and you should be fine. That way there's no implication of holding a PE in a state you dont have it.
What I do is put Sergio xxxx, P.E. (aa, bb, cc) where xxxx = my last name, and aa, bb, and cc equal the states in which I'm already licensed. :eyebrows:

SapperPE said:

What I do is put Sergio xxxx, P.E. (aa, bb, cc) where xxxx = my last name, and aa, bb, and cc equal the states in which I'm already licensed. :eyebrows:
I think this is good practice regardless of where you are licensed and regardless of where you are doing work. My husband is licensed in KS, but rarely ever does work in KS (and has never signed any drawings himself..his boss does it) His email signature has "Licensed in Kansas" right below his name.

Even if I got my P.E. in KS, I would never sign the drawings at my current company. My boss does it.

Like someone said before, the reason I took the test was to show initiative and drive. My office is very small, so just having one more licensed engineer is just good for marketing purposes. I probably won't actually be using the P.E. for a very long time.

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to hijack this thread!

I agree with Sapper, but the horse has been beaten. If it were me, I would simply apply for comity at the end of my fourth year and then call myself a PE. Afterall, it's not the title we care about, it's the self-satisfaction that we are up to snuff... (at least for me). :eek:)

CA results are out.

Sorry guys. I just want to distract here to result discussion not to comity. This thread is for them who are desperately waiting for PE results not for license transfer folks....

CA results are out.

Sorry guys. I just want to distract here to result discussion not to comity. This thread is for them who are desperately waiting for PE results not for license transfer folks....
Actually you are not 100% wrong. The FE result is out last year. The PE result is out ...but only the CA states and NCEES knows about at this point.

CA results are out.

Actually you are not 100% wrong. The FE result is out last year. The PE result is out ...but only the CA states and NCEES knows about at this point.

Due to budget cuts, the board as only one printer that could print at super speed of 2 pages per hour... so when they print all the result letters, they will allow the NCEES to release the results... Now you do the math and figure out a release date !! :)

Due to budget cuts, the board as only one printer that could print at super speed of 2 pages per hour... so when they print all the result letters, they will allow the NCEES to release the results... Now you do the math and figure out a release date !! :)
This year is faster than last time... because...the CA only need to print out ONE sheet only. Everyone passed this time. :thumbs:

Back