CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very seriously considering sending a letter to the board expressing the frustrations that we have all endured in this process. Between hoping they accept your recommendations, hoping they accept your qualifying experience, waiting to be hear if your application has been accepted, and - worst of all - waiting on the results (longer than people from any other state, I might add), it it enough to drive someone crazy. Frankly, I am appalled by the incompetence, unresponsiveness, and downright inconsideration that the California Board shows toward their applicants. There is NO valid excuse as to why they cannot complete the notification process in a more timely manner. I can't believe our application and license fees pay for their poor performance. If this was their engineering job, they would be fired! The problem is that once everyone passes the exam, no one gives a sh!t anymore and they let it go. If I can get some fellow test-takers to sign the letter with me I might send it out once I find out that I passed (which I totally expect to). It might mean more then. Until then, I guess I'll just continue to wait anxiously with everyone else.

What amazes me is how technically inept most (ok, so I've only looked at 2) PE boards seem to be. Forms in word format, spelling errors, horrible website navigation. My guess is the person who did the CPBE website also did the CA-DMV website. All of this would be less of a problem to me if their responsiveness was better on the phone or through email. That's my other pet peeve, no response to let you know if you are accepted to take the test or not, just keep checking the website as the email about the test was only 3 weeks before the test.

To sum it all up I'm getting tired of waiting.

What amazes me is how technically inept most (ok, so I've only looked at 2) PE boards seem to be. Forms in word format, spelling errors, horrible website navigation. My guess is the person who did the CPBE website also did the CA-DMV website. All of this would be less of a problem to me if their responsiveness was better on the phone or through email. That's my other pet peeve, no response to let you know if you are accepted to take the test or not, just keep checking the website as the email about the test was only 3 weeks before the test.
To sum it all up I'm getting tired of waiting.

@ Georgiegonnapass.....Attend there next board meeting. http://www.pels.ca.gov/about_us/schedule.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
last October exam, PE boards hit the button to release the PE result around 2pm

so still 20hrs to go ...

We all heard the same speech. 8-10 weeks for the 8 hr and 10-12 weeks for surveys/seismic. Count your blessings. They release tomorrow.

We were told 6-8 weeks in Pomona. I've been checking for 8 weeks now (I was hopeful there at the beginning that they would release them early).

We were told 6-8 weeks in Pomona. I've been checking for 8 weeks now (I was hopeful there at the beginning that they would release them early).
I was there in Pomona and the first time the guy read it I heard 3-10 and the second time I heard 6-10.... I figured they were mistakes. Today is the day of reckoning... Best of luck to all you in CA.

We were told 8-10 weeks in the Seismic Only exam room. Good luck everyone!

We were told 8-10 weeks in the Seismic Only exam room. Good luck everyone!

Glen, I recall them saying 8-10 weeks also but the BPELG says that they are "expecting" to release the results today so today is the day I'm holding them to.

Okay guys lets take a poll. What time today do you think we will receive the email? I recall someone saying 2pm above. I'm going to call it at 1:10.

Okay guys lets take a poll. What time today do you think we will receive the email? I recall someone saying 2pm above. I'm going to call it at 1:10.
I am going to go with 1:39pm
I'm going with "they will say some baskets of letters (for state specific) are not picked up by USPS today; will send fail letters first and send pass letters by mid next week"

I'm sure NCEES notice will come out today for national exams.

they have been doing this for past 3 years.

I'm going with "they will say some baskets of letters (for state specific) are not picked up by USPS today; will send fail letters first and send pass letters by mid next week"

I'm sure NCEES notice will come out today for national exams.

they have been doing this for past 3 years.

CAPLS who started this thread has recently been promoted to Executive director. No blog update from this guy since then.

It's a state agency so I'm assuming lunch is from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. Let's say they push the putton at 1:15, NCEES will then fire off all the emails, depending on the lag of the email provider.... I'm gonna guess I'll get my email at 1:59:59, just 1 second before 2pm.

It's a state agency so I'm assuming lunch is from 12:00 - 1:00 pm. Let's say they push the putton at 1:15, NCEES will then fire off all the emails, depending on the lag of the email provider.... I'm gonna guess I'll get my email at 1:59:59, just 1 second before 2pm.

IT WAS AROUND 4 O'CLOCK CST I GOT NCEES NOTIFICATION FOR OCT EXAMS

Back