CALIFORNIA - RESULTS April '11

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright people.... The License Lookup link on the PELS website says they are updating their records when you click it. Could it be today??? I am just asking and not trying to add any additional anxiety.

Very unlikely......the board has said over and over that the lookup tool is updated AFTER the letters are sent out, and takes a couple business days......
@ L_Smith

Dude, why so negative??

Alright people.... The License Lookup link on the PELS website says they are updating their records when you click it. Could it be today??? I am just asking and not trying to add any additional anxiety.

Very unlikely......the board has said over and over that the lookup tool is updated AFTER the letters are sent out, and takes a couple business days......
@ L_Smith

Dude, why so negative??
Not negative, just realistic....trying to keep my anxiety down too.

@ lucky101, NCEES emails go out after the letters are put in the mail.....in other words, letters did not go out yesterday.....

@ L_Smith

Dude, why so negative??
Not negative, just realistic....trying to keep my anxiety down too.

@ lucky101, NCEES emails go out after the letters are put in the mail.....in other words, letters did not go out yesterday.....
Engineering logic here...If the letters did not go out yet, and the database is only updated AFTER letters are mailed then they must be changing their

procedures to have the letters arrive at the same time the NCEES email goes out and the database is updated. Makes sense to me. If they mailed letters

out yesterday, given two days to arrive my mail, the letters, database and NCEES email notification would all be on June 10th.

Just an observation--the waiting would be so much easier if it weren't so likely that the results would be bad news. The extended time is just killing all impulse to rip the bandaid off quickly. Good luck all; we will need it.

It's done being updated ... but still no licenses past 77996 ...

I agree, last time around the database is last to be updated with new licenses. When I took the mechanical exam a year an a half ago, I got my pass letter and a few days later the datebase was updated. Now that NCEES notifies you, I expect the NCEES email to come first, right when letters are mailed, then the database.

Well, that was fun...
Yup, especially if you happen to search your name first and nothing shows up ...
Ha! First name. I wonder why that stupid thing doesn't work based on first name? I know the search query might yield thousands of results, for a name like "John" but come on... It's a computer It can handle it!

Well, that was fun...
Yup, especially if you happen to search your name first and nothing shows up ...
Ha! First name. I wonder why that stupid thing doesn't work based on first name? I know the search query might yield thousands of results, for a name like "John" but come on... It's a computer It can handle it!

It worked for me. My name didn't pop up but I was able to query based on the first name. Maybe it needed time refresh (idk).

YUP

"Our records are currently being updated. Please check later.

This information is updated Monday through Friday - Last updated: JUN-07-2011 "
Yes, I don't know what the heck they were updating today since it still reads "Last updated: JUN-07-2011 " ?

YUP

"Our records are currently being updated. Please check later.

This information is updated Monday through Friday - Last updated: JUN-07-2011 "
Yes, I don't know what the heck they were updating today since it still reads "Last updated: JUN-07-2011 " ?
They are playing mind games with us.

Has anyone called to pester the board lately?
Thats what we all should do tomorrow. Retaliate against their mind games by calling them non-stop asking them about our results.
How about right now?! I am tooooo exhausted.......... Can someone else call. Most likely they will be lieing as they have lied in the past but lets see

I wonder if we will crash the NCEES server when the flood gates are open for us Californias to check our results? We will be doing some sort of virtual stampede. :multiplespotting:

So, IF they release the results tomorrow, that just means we'll be able to check whether or not we passed the National PE. We won't actually know whether or not we are licensed until we receive the letter on Monday or Tuesday. Right?

So, IF they release the results tomorrow, that just means we'll be able to check whether or not we passed the National PE. We won't actually know whether or not we are licensed until we receive the letter on Monday or Tuesday. Right?
That's correct. So either way we have to wait past Friday. That is unless the Board mailed the results yesterday. Sorry to be pessimistic but I doubt the board made the effort to send out the results on Thursday for us to recieve them on Friday along with the National PE.

I think you are correct. Seismic and Surveying results are mailed, so you either have to wait until those results come in or the data base is updated. That is what happened with my coworker who took the exam last October.

Back