California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got an update:

[SIZE=11pt]"I appreciate your patience. We are almost there. As of now, we are targeting Thursday for release of the results. We will have a much better idea of a timetable tomorrow morning and will post an update then. "[/SIZE]
Thanks for posting, acesar! I still hold out that this might mean PE results get released tomorrow, with state results coming Thursday. I wonder what the delay this time around has been, as Thursday would be two days later than results in the spring, which I think were a day faster than normal.

But really, I wish days didn't matter so much to me at this point! We've been waiting for weeks, so I wish I wasn't going nearly crazy over just a few days.

I'm confused. Most of you seem to think that they'll send state and national results separately. I think they actually send a PDF with all three. The ones you pass are green and the ones you don't are red. If you're taking anyone of them again, they send all three and update with green/red as applicable. From stalking the lookup tool in April and heading back from friends and this board, there was no logic in how they sent out the emails. At first we thought they were sending all the ones who passed all three first then moved on to the ones who only took the state ones. But nope. Seemed totally random. I think some state drone gets a batch and is data entering them and sending out emails bitterly in no particular order or logic.

Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk

I'm confused. Most of you seem to think that they'll send state and national results separately. I think they actually send a PDF with all three. The ones you pass are green and the ones you don't are red. If you're taking anyone of them again, they send all three and update with green/red as applicable. From stalking the lookup tool in April and heading back from friends and this board, there was no logic in how they sent out the emails. At first we thought they were sending all the ones who passed all three first then moved on to the ones who only took the state ones. But nope. Seemed totally random. I think some state drone gets a batch and is data entering them and sending out emails bitterly in no particular order or logic.

That is because there are two separate emails that are received, at least that is the way it was last testing cycle. Typically NCEES results are received a day before state results. 

That is because there are two separate emails that are received, at least that is the way it was last testing cycle. Typically NCEES results are received a day before state results. 

Ah! I see. I was too busy F5-ing NCEES in April to notice that they even sent an email. That's how i found out I passed that one. Looks like they sent theirs May 25 and the state sent theirs May 26. But I know people who got all three results on 25th. Most of them had passed all three until a couple of people who got theirs the same day busted that theory.

Anyway. Tomorrow should see results start rolling in. At least I'll still be in the Caribbean, and on my last day, when I get the news about my state results. I'm not sure yet if that's a good or bad thing.

And y'all thought the first 6 weeks were rough. How's the last 6 days treating ya?

Hope you all pass and never have to endure the torture again.

And y'all thought the first 6 weeks were rough. How's the last 6 days treating ya?

I took the exams one at a time because of circumstances, so I've been through this rodeo before.  I knew it wouldn't be until the 4th or 5th day after everyone else.    

6-weeks I can deal with. An inconvenience sure BUT I struggle with why it takes the most populous state in the Union so much longer than most of the rest of the states in that union to allow NCEES to release results that CALIFORNIA has nothing materially to do with. 

The national exam is not authored by, scored by, or governed by in any way the state of California. They've adopted it like the rest of the country, have input in it sure, but they don't own it. Hollywood? Yes. General Sherman? Yes. Disneyland? Yes. The NCEES P.E. Exam? NO. 

Lawfully I'm honestly not even sure they have legal control of the releasing of information that is my personal test score. Like to see someone challenge it legally actually now that I think about it.

I'm obviously tired/frustrated and ready to move on from this charade so excuse my venting in the general direction of whomever reads this. 

Haha! I actually thought the first five weeks were a breeze. Totally forgot about it during the entire month of November, and picking it back up several days into December. Alas, I too have been through this before. It is such wishful thinking to hope that CA will release its results within the first few days. Hopefully it truly won't be much longer now.

And thanks for your kind words!

Back