California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@PugPE Thanks for the info. I took Mechanical so no state specific exams. So once that NCEES email comes in, it's game over for me. It's confusing when you guys talk about those results, since it doesn't apply to all :)  I feel for you tho, you have multiple hurdles to jump over to pass. We only have one. Here's hoping that we can put this to rest today. 

@PugPE Thanks for the info. I took Mechanical so no state specific exams. So once that NCEES email comes in, it's game over for me. It's confusing when you guys talk about those results, since it doesn't apply to all :)  I feel for you tho, you have multiple hurdles to jump over to pass. We only have one. Here's hoping that we can put this to rest today. 
Yeah, sorry for the confusion.  I forget that only Civil needs the two state specifics...  I'm here waiting on surveying...  Sigh.  Passed seismic and the national (structures emphasis) on the first try last October, but the surveying keeps tripping me up.  I never took a surveying course so I was attempting to self teach.  Here's hoping I got it this time.  Good luck to us all! 

I find it hard to believe that this cost would go away.

I agree. There's no way that Cali is going to give up the $125/person free money, basically.
Sent from my SURTAB-722-3G-HD-1S using Tapatalk
I agree with both of you. I guess it's just better for anyone who only has to retake the PE exam. You won't have to give $125 to the state of CA to retake it, though it seems like one would still have to for the seismic and surveying exams, if they are going for Civil PE and didn't pass them as first time takers.

Yes. My results are still pending and I suspect all of us in California still show "available" for any PE exam to be given in April. I just walked through the registration process to see what would happen (didn't checkout) and April would still be $350 for a re-take ($250 for the exam itself and $100 for the administration fee). The only cost any re-takers would be saving is the $125 previously paid to BPELSG for a refile.
I did the same thing, so it has been confirmed that this loophole has been corrected.

@fireguy Agreed. I feel like ranting too, but it won't help us much at this point. I think part of the problem is we are depending on people who are not sympathetic at all to what we are going through. To them, this is a chore, a task that they have to do. I'm sure you've experienced this at work, where you know you have to do something but you really don't want to do it since it's tedious, and you put it off until the very last minute. These people dgaf about the anxiety that most of us are experiencing right now as they are doing their idle chit chat in the lunch room. If they did, they would have changed the process by now.

They post these passive aggressive posts on Facebook and Twitter telling us not to call them. Instead, they should change their policy so the results come out on the first day similar to other states! That way they will get no calls from anxious people, and like you said, people will certainly be very understanding about a waiting a couple of weeks to get their license numbers. At this point, I am not itching to "start being a PE," whatever that means. For all intents and purposes, my job won't change much right away after I pass. I am just itching to find out if the months of work I put in paid off, or if I have to buckle down and do it again.

@fireguy Agreed. I feel like ranting too, but it won't help us much at this point. I think part of the problem is we are depending on people who are not sympathetic at all to what we are going through. To them, this is a chore, a task that they have to do. I'm sure you've experienced this at work, where you know you have to do something but you really don't want to do it since it's tedious, and you put it off until the very last minute. These people dgaf about the anxiety that most of us are experiencing right now as they are doing their idle chit chat in the lunch room. If they did, they would have changed the process by now.

They post these passive aggressive posts on Facebook and Twitter telling us not to call them. Instead, they should change their policy so the results come out on the first day similar to other states! That way they will get no calls from anxious people, and like you said, people will certainly be very understanding about a waiting a couple of weeks to get their license numbers. At this point, I am not itching to "start being a PE," whatever that means. For all intents and purposes, my job won't change much right away after I pass. I am just itching to find out if the months of work I put in paid off, or if I have to buckle down and do it again.
Never underestimate the swoon of power that comes over government workers when they feel that they have you in their grip. You're right where you "belong" within the control of their own miniature fiefdom and they will at that point completely forget that it is our tax dollars, professional societies and licensing fees that pay their salaries.

I dunno, reading all these posts about how California is slow actually makes me more anxious!  I already have my Mechanical PE from Spring 2014.  I actually completely forgot about it at the time until the Board sent their emails 5/23/14 notifying my pass.  It was out of my mind then.  I took the Civil this October 2016 and I'm eagerly awaiting the news!  Mind you the last state-specific was around 11/8/16 so they still need to go through a lot to recertify.

I agree with the complaints, but really, it's not that surprising to me. My hope is that at least starting in the spring, they will decide to just release the results when NCEES makes them available to the states. I think we are kind of caught in the weird, guinea pig-ish, transition cycle, just by somewhat unfortunate coincidence.

Lame post of the day on the BPELSG FB as of 10 minutes ago:

"The CA Board has received NCEES exam results. Please do not call the CA Board regarding the results. We are working on providing the results as quickly as we can, but will not have them available before the end of this week. Continue to check in on the Board’s website and on the Board’s Facebook and Twitter for updates."

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/

• POSTED DECEMBER 12, 2016 - We are currently verifying and coordinating all examination results. It is anticipated the results will be released December 15 or 16. Updates will posted to the Board’s website, Facebook page, and Twitter account. Please do not call the Board office for updates.  

California Test Results.jpg

"The CA Board has received NCEES exam results. Please do not call the CA Board regarding the results. We are working on providing the results as quickly as we can, but will not have them available before the end of this week. Continue to check in on the Board’s website and on the Board’s Facebook and Twitter for updates."
Ahhh fuck! I was really hoping that today would be the day based on historical data. It really looks like it will be Thursday then. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE! 

Pressure! Come on people lets call and message the hell out of the board so they release the results!!

Ahhh fuck! I was really hoping that today would be the day based on historical data. It really looks like it will be Thursday then. I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE! 
but last time the posted that and then released that day or the next.   They just don't want everyone calling.

They've been posting that (copy/paste) since Friday.  Historically they under promise and over deliver.  Like @Cinnamon said, they just want to minimize the number of calls they get. 

Pressure! Come on people lets call and message the hell out of the board so they release the results!!
I feel like that would just delay things.  Let's just let them do their job and hope for the best -- that we'll all get good news today or tomorrow.  

Back