California Results Any news???

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a hard time figuring out what form some of you have been talking about. I passed the 8 our last year, and I am just waiting on Seismic. Could someone help me find this "new form" so I can send it in?
I'm not sure you (or I) will need to send in a notice of passing the 8-hour.  They already know.  For those that haven't passed I can see why they would have to with the changes and all.

I'm not sure you (or I) will need to send in a notice of passing the 8-hour.  They already know.  For those that haven't passed I can see why they would have to with the changes and all.
There are check boxes on that form for both the national exam and the state-specific exams; I believe anyone who tested in this exam cycle will need to submit the form for the board to evaluate their individual application for licensure... even though they already have vetted us.

It makes perfect governmental sense that they'd have us fill out this form to evaluate our applications a second time resulting in further delays to our licensing... bureaucracy at its finest.

There are check boxes on that form for both the national exam and the state-specific exams; I believe anyone who tested in this exam cycle will need to submit the form for the board to evaluate their individual application for licensure... even though they already have vetted us.

It makes perfect governmental sense that they'd have us fill out this form to evaluate our applications a second time resulting in further delays to our licensing... bureaucracy at its finest.

Look, at this point, just be glad that they don't charge you another fee to process this additional form...

I dont think you need to do this because the board already know you passed the 8 hour prior to these changes. This application is only asking if you passed the 8hour not the specific exams. 
You're right, I stand corrected. I misread the survey check box.... wonder how much of that I did during all this testing...

Well they would know if you took one of the state exams because you have to apply to the board to take them and they directly receive the results. But starting April 2017 they're allowing people to take the NCEES exam without applying to the Board so they're counting on the examinees to let them know if they passed it.

You're right, I stand corrected. I misread the survey check box.... wonder how much of that I did during all this testing...
But, the confusion about these changes is what will the candidates do next, who passed 8hour prior to these changes and passed the CA specific exams after these changes are implemented. Do nothing and the board will recognize you passed all the requirements to obtain your PE license? 

Look, at this point, just be glad that they don't charge you another fee to process this additional form...
Ohhhh, that's what's going on. That makes sense.

BTW, we're crushing the other states in post-count before our results are even out! :D  Damn the anticipation.

An interesting thing about this form is that I don't see where it asks about the seismic exam. I only see check boxes for the PE Exam (with a drop-down for the specific topic) and the surveying exam. That seems a little strange to me.
That's the NCEES PS exam, not the CA-specific Surveying exam.

Well they would know if you took one of the state exams because you have to apply to the board to take them and they directly receive the results. But starting April 2017 they're allowing people to take the NCEES exam without applying to the Board so they're counting on the examinees to let them know if they passed it.
That kind of makes sense to me, but I guess I still don't understand why they would not ask about either both state exams or neither. In fact, neither would seem to make the most sense to me. Oh well! I don't care. I'll send them the form when I'm able, which will hopefully be by the end of this week.

Back