California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! More reasonable than the exam costs

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the cost of the renewal fee?????
Does anyone know the cost of the renewal fee?????
last i heard was $140. i'm sure it can be found on the PELS site.
edit: looks like $125

http://www.pels.ca.g...enewal_fees.pdf

Per Trev's post #158:

http://engineerboard...dpost&p=6930838

Hopefully our employers will cover it for us.
The company I work for did not cover any of the costs (massive) associated with the FE or PE. I wonder if they will pony up for the renewal fee....

Thanks! More reasonable than the exam costs
True, but it's due within 3 short months of us receiving our licenses. What's up with that? And, I thought our exam fee was so high because it included our first (2 year?) renewal fee..... apparently not.

Oh well, no complaints, I am ecstatic to be a PE. :D

I am so gald that the exam process is over. 125 is a small fee for two years, given all the stuff we just went thru

Got another letter today. Pass letter for one of the disciples. Dated the 27th and post marked the 30th.

I received my fail letter today (just checked mail.) for survey, but did not receive anything for seismic. Can anyone tell me if it is normal to receive them separately? I don't expect to pass the seismic considering I had only studied to pass the national, which thankfully i did. At this point I just want to have that second fail letter in hand to get me motivated to start studying again.

More than likely if you didn't receive a fail letter, you will get a pass letter the next day

live in socal , Passed seismic last time . This time I was supposed to have received .surveying results on the 31th and so far I got nothing , Is that a god thing???

It would make my day if I receive a pass letter for seismic, but I am still not too optimistic. Has anyone received both fail letters in the same envelope?

When I finished surveying I thought there was a slight chance I passed it even without studying specifically for the surveying test. It seemed that enough of what I had studied for the national traffic portion was similar. When it came to seismic, I basically read everything seismic in ASCE7 the night before the test, and really didn't think it had done me much good. So, if I get a pass letter for Seismic I will be ecstatic.

There I go again, getting my hopes up! I am usually a patient person, but I need that letter.

Figured I would check in from San Diego. Nothing in my mailbox as of yet, and I'm waiting both on seismic and surveying (passed 8hr already). I know I failed at least one of them since my name doesn't appear on the boards website.

i wish they 'd stop screwing with my head ! choosing a vague day to send the letters...Some people got it, other did not . Speculate while you wait

How many times have you gone to license lookup to see your name in all its glory?
LOL! Too many. A principal even took a photo of me pointing to my name in the license lookup and sent it to my bosses, but I STILL keep looking myself up to make sure the Board didn't include me on accident or something.

I noticed that people on here are bit clickish and intimidating . All i care is to get my question s answered .I have asked several people in private and on here about the results and no one has answered me .. WHy ?? " because we are dicks." . And as far as this weird looking chick zaltch , had you not said you had babies I would have thought you were a tranny ! Next time someone congratulate you on passing you ought to show grace by saying thank you ..

hey simpatique ..u are funny hahahaha

I have not received any letter yet, i passed national, but my name is not in data base, so expecting to receive the letters tomorrow. Interesting how some ppl already got either pass or fail letters for state exams

Back