California Dreamin

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got my respect Chris Cat, that's a lot of patience and willpower to study for 3 tests that's offered bi-annually. Congrats, you deserve it.

I passed the civil construction. I am now PE in the state of California!!!! I'm almost in shock. I can't believe this day actually came.

1) I would like to thank God for giving me a fighting chance!

2) Family and friend supports!

3) This wonderful forum for diluting my concentrated anxiety!

This was my 3rd attempt. I approach the test in 3 phases.

:thankyou:

CC, congrats!!! That's awesome. I am in a similar boat. My goal was one exam at a time and, thus far, I have met that goal. Still waiting on Seismic results to know if I got 3/3.

It does not seem like the database has been updated. I wonder if who is waiting on seismic or surveying results will see his/her name in the database if he/she passed before getting the acutal mail!

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not seem like the database has been updated. I wonder if who is waiting on seismic or surveying results will see his/her name in the database if he/she passed before getting the acutal mail!
I, too, am wondering the same thing. Maybe they send notification and/or update the database daily, so people will be notified periodically between now and the 30th?

I, too, am wondering the same thing. Maybe they send notification and/or update the database daily, so people will be notified periodically between now and the 30th?
I'm waiting on only the seismic result and I'm hoping that BPELS will update the database before I get the letter in the mail. I highly doubt they will send a notification saying to check the database, but someone on here will instead spot that it has been updated and alert the rest of us. If anyone else is constantly checking the database like I am, the last license issued after the April exam was 78,856. So if you see 78,857 has been issued, you better cross your fingers before you search for your name.

when my friend passed last fall, the database wasn't updated until almost 2 weeks after he got his letter from what i heard.

when my friend passed last fall, the database wasn't updated until almost 2 weeks after he got his letter from what i heard.
The April exam was the opposite. The 8 hour results were released on June 10th (a Friday) and the state specific results must have been mailed on the 9th because they arrived on Saturday the 11th. The database was updated quickly because one of my friends called me to say his name was now in the database before my mailman even arrived.

I don't know what the heck is happening this time. It doesn't even sound like the State specific results have been mailed out yet...the whole "by the 30th" BS. My thinking is the database won't be updated until the State specific results are official and at the post office. So we potentially have a week of hand wringing left.

Will someone please check to see if the license look up is updated yet for newly minted PEs?

I'm waiting on only the seismic result and I'm hoping that BPELS will update the database before I get the letter in the mail. I highly doubt they will send a notification saying to check the database, but someone on here will instead spot that it has been updated and alert the rest of us. If anyone else is constantly checking the database like I am, the last license issued after the April exam was 78,856. So if you see 78,857 has been issued, you better cross your fingers before you search for your name.
I keep the PE registry open all day long too.

I thought the data base was updated on/around the time the notices are mailed out. I could be remembering wrong.

Will someone please check to see if the license look up is updated yet for newly minted PEs?
Please see above. Some of us are doing this multiple times per hour. Feel free to do so yourself.

http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/wllqryna$lcev2.startup?p_qte_code=ENG&p_qte_pgm_code=7500

Seems to be a bit of confusion about what is going on with the test results. Just for everyone's info here's how the sequence of events played out in which I found out my results (I passed the civil 8-hour and both the seismic and surveying exams after taking the test last spring in April 2011).

8-hour exam

I think I remember the Pels site was updated at the end of August directing everyone to log into NCEES account on June 10th to find results. Sure enough, I got an email notification on June 10th, logged in to my NCEES account and downloaded a pdf from a link to find out that I passed.

Seismic/Surveying exams

I think I also remember the Pels site said that Seismic would be mailed out on June 10th (I believe fail letters were sent out before this according to the forum I was reading). The license lookup was updated the following day (June 11th) and I was officially listed in the database. I received my certificate and my seismic/survey results letters with congratulations approximately 10 days later. The survey and seismic test results were never posted on my NCEES account.

Good luck everyone!

P.S. here's the forum for the April 2011 results to see how things unfolded.
/>http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=14686

Last edited by a moderator:
The license database is offline! Any other day of the year this would mean nothing, but it's gotta be uploading new information...right??? right???

Latest posts

Back