CA Seismic and Survey Exams RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surveying : def in all subjects
I studied so hard for this test . Took reza class , solved all the problems . I also solved lew , chelpati and wesly... And still!! was defiient in all subjects!
Doesn't make sense. My buddy got the same results and swears that he answered most of the problems correctly.
I feel like i'm on the same boat. I've taken the survey many times. I've even passed the seismic without studying and finished early. I almost feel like there's a bug in the grading system. I am all deficient except for one. I've also taken those reza and mansour test and feel very confident about my performance. I've tried contacting the board but they said they don't do a regrade,but maybe if we collectively write to them it may be different. Any thoughts?

I agree with you 100 % and I would be in on any decision we make collectively

I agree with you 100 % and I would be in on any decision we make collectively
Anyone else?
Dude, with all due respect, what you're hoping for isn't realistic. You'd be much better off investing your time in studying for the next Survey exam than you would trying to fight to have your last test reevaluated.

You and I are in opposite boats - lol. I nailed Survey first time and am struggling with Seismic and you nailed Seismic first time and are struggling with Survey.

Good luck.

LakersFreak!

For sure the next time you take the exam, you will pass it. if you failed, it doesn't mean that you're not good but just to add a little bit more of your time to prepare. you are almost there buddy... you have sufficient time to prepare. keep solving problems, HONESTLY! don't rely on the books you will be bringing but understand the basic principles.

above all, keep asking for Wisdom and Knowledge :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
LakersFreak!For sure the next time you take the exam, you will pass it. i
Maybe the test isn't designed to test your ability to work equations.

Maybe the board is trying to test your knowledge of what the equations mean and they are trying to test your ability to come up with a reasonable answer when supplied with an ambiguous data set.

Maybe you should consider taking an intro class in surveying/site investigation at your local institution of higher learning. You will have to put in some additional hours but it will be worth it.

FWIW, I found many of the drawings on the survey exam to be incomplete and/or poorly annotated. So much so that, if I were to seal drawings of similar quality, I would expect to be called in for a "show cause" hearing.

LakersfreakDo you run out of time or are you unable to understand the problems ?

Ya I had about 12 problems when 10 minutes was called.

I did fail...its official now. Here's my breakdown
It is clearly you need more time to finish the test. It does not matter you can do any problem from many books. You must do any problem correctly in 3 or 4 minutes. Next time, practice problems with a fast mode. I passed Survey at the first time. I only had Reza and Cumo books but I did any problem in these books 3 times. Hope it helps.

Back