CA Seismic and Survey Exams RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Equipment and field activities --- Marginal

Surveying Field Measurements -- Deficient

Calculations -- Deficient

Office Procedures -- Proficient

I have not recived my Seismic Results... Has anyone recieved results for the CA seismic Exam???

Equipment and field activities --- MarginalSurveying Field Measurements -- Deficient

Calculations -- Deficient

Office Procedures -- Proficient

I have not recived my Seismic Results... Has anyone recieved results for the CA seismic Exam???

Sorry buddy..all you needed was one more proficient in the calculation.......................you just missed survey narrowly..........

YOUNGENG and those who didn't pass... you are almost there, don't give up!

my boss and Reza just sent me a message and they have thesame words... HARDWORK & PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!

Just like my experience, every time I failed I didn't think twice or blame anyone but reviewed where did I go wrong. Only you can give a good assessment of how much effort you gave in the preparation and how much you are willing invest again in the next.

The last exam I took was Surveying. I concentrated mainly in the workbook of Reza Mahallati and surveying principle of Cuomo... and researching techniques and answers thru the internet could help you also. You need to practice solving the problems in less than 3mins and decide the strategy for the war engagement.

...I tell you, there's more joy when you passed the hard way. It humbles you and gives you more confidence.

FOCUS - Only he who can SEE the invisible can do the IMPOSSIBLE!

Don't stop believing and always look-up to Him above! :true:

YOUNGENG and those who didn't pass... you are almost there, don't give up! my boss and Reza just sent me a message and they have thesame words... HARDWORK & PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!

Just like my experience, every time I failed I didn't think twice or blame anyone but reviewed where did I go wrong. Only you can give a good assessment of how much effort you gave in the preparation and how much you are willing invest again in the next.

The last exam I took was Surveying. I concentrated mainly in the workbook of Reza Mahallati and surveying principle of Cuomo... and researching techniques and answers thru the internet could help you also. You need to practice solving the problems in less than 3mins and decide the strategy for the war engagement.

...I tell you, there's more joy when you passed the hard way. It humbles you and gives you more confidence.

These words are very encouraging for me... I passed the 8 hour and seismic first time. I've been stuck on survey 5 times and I don't think I passed this time!! (Even though I haven't received my letter, my name is not in the database) I always feel good out of the exam but then get unsatisfactory results. I just don't know what to do anymore. And I hate the new system of grading cause you really don't know where you went wrong. Nonetheless I feel a little better reading the post above. Thank You

YOUNGENG and those who didn't pass... you are almost there, don't give up! my boss and Reza just sent me a message and they have thesame words... HARDWORK & PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF!

These words are very encouraging for me... I passed the 8 hour and seismic first time. I've been stuck on survey 5 times and I don't think I passed this time!! (Even though I haven't received my letter, my name is not in the database) I always feel good out of the exam but then get unsatisfactory results. I just don't know what to do anymore. And I hate the new system of grading cause you really don't know where you went wrong. Nonetheless I feel a little better reading the post above. Thank You
yes..

don't loose hope. i guess the important thing many of us forget in the exam is that if you are not able to get answer withtin 3 to 4 minutes then there is something wrong in the way we have interpretated the question. in that case always move on to the next question..

plus they say always finish off with easy ones..

i would suggest try and do the big ones first questions from those topic which cover 42% of the exams..photogrammetry,USPLS,topography,route surveying.. got to remember.. somewhat complex questions also have higher points..it is wrong to think that every question in the exam has equal weiightage..unless they are theoretical questions i strongly believe the questions from the above mentioned chapters have more weightage and should be attemped first..

because the failure diagonistic will always give marginal or deficient for 42% and 30% sections unles you get a subtanstial amount of questions right in these sections......

best of luck for October brother............

That Surveying exam is something else. I took it twice and this second time around I felt better and did alot worse than before. All the questions are rated the same, at least that is what the notes on the exam stated. I would like to find out what justifies a deficient, marginal and proficient score. Does anyone know??

Lakersfreak

Do you run out of time or are you unable to understand the problems ?

Lakersfreak

Ya I had about 12 problems when 10 minutes was called.

I did fail...its official now. Here's my breakdown

Eng Surv Eq and Field Act----DEF

Eng Surv Field Meas----DEF

Eng Surv Calcs-----Marg

Eng Surv Office Proc----Marg

I am so sick of this exam. I am really depressed. It really kills your career, especially in times likes this. I will never even use my license for surveying applications, but it is what it is. Not trying to make any excuses just frustrated with myself.

Lakersfreak... Did you get your seismic result as well?

I feel same way about survey you r not the only one

I've received my seismic results and am still waiting on surveying to arrive. I passed the 8 hour, failed seismic, and am hoping that I passed surveying since the envelope hasn't arrived yet.

I've received my seismic results and am still waiting on surveying to arrive. I passed the 8 hour, failed seismic, and am hoping that I passed surveying since the envelope hasn't arrived yet.
Yes we hope this is the case.. I am thinking we wont get anything

Til tomorrow because if they send them friday we would have gotten it Sat

Stick with it everyone. I took the Seismic four times before I passed. I would also highly recommend the Steven Heiner Seismic Design Review Course.

My Seismic results came today (06-13-2011) - my wife called me at work and told me what I was already expecting: FAIL.

I failed with flying colors too! All deficient. LOL

I knew I failed because I literally didn't crack a seismic book prior to the exam (I have since).

Reason? One test at a time. :nod: Studied for and passed Survey Oct '10. Studied for and passed 8-hr Apr '11. Now, it is time for Seismic in Oct '11.

I am not looking forward to this. I put this off for last because seismic is so not my thing. But hopefully once I dive in deep, things will make sense. I just hope I pass in Oct '11.

Good luck to everyone.

Lakersfreak

Eng Surv Calcs-----Marg

I am so sick of this exam. I am really depressed. It really kills your career, especially in times likes this. I will never even use my license for surveying applications, but it is what it is. Not trying to make any excuses just frustrated with myself.
Lakersfreak

I really feel sad for you. However, don't give up. This time you have four and a half months to prep. So, the first good thing that already has happened is more time. Then, start with a text book. Forget what you have already done, just think that this is brand new for you. I will later tell you some good references. After having some basics refreshed from a text book, attack references like Reza, Chelapati, and Jack Lui. Try to approach the problems without looking at the solutions. Time yourself to 2minute/problem. Always think that duration of the exam is 1.5 hours instead of 2.5 hours, and prepare yourself accordingly.

Lakersfreak

Eng Surv Calcs-----Marg

Lakersfreak

I really feel sad for you. However, don't give up. This time you have four and a half months to prep. So, the first good thing that already has happened is more time. Then, start with a text book. Forget what you have already done, just think that this is brand new for you. I will later tell you some good references. After having some basics refreshed from a text book, attack references like Reza, Chelapati, and Jack Lui. Try to approach the problems without looking at the solutions. Time yourself to 2minute/problem. Always think that duration of the exam is 1.5 hours instead of 2.5 hours, and prepare yourself accordingly.
in addition i would say..use mansour's book also...no matter what you do don't forget to use mansour's 2 practice exam that you get with his workbook. i say you should atleast do 4 practice runs on these practice exams mansours and cuomo's...2 weeks before actual exam..i did that in my 3rd attempt and i passed....

Surveying : def in all subjects

I studied so hard for this test . Took reza class , solved all the problems . I also solved lew , chelpati and wesly... And still!! was defiient in all subjects!

I studied so hard for this test . Took reza class , solved all the problems . I also solved lew , chelpati and wesly... And still!! was defiient in all subjects!

Doesn't make sense. My buddy got the same results and swears that he answered most of the problems correctly.

Back