CA S.E. Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biged

Mild Mannered Civil Engineer
Reaction score
To All Who Took the CA S.E. Exam in the Fall 2010:

Has anybody gotten their letter yet from the CA Board? Passing letter, failure notice, refile application, diagnostic for the CA SESE, whatever. I haven't heard anything from the board yet. What is your situation?

I haven't recieved anything yet, but I had called the board yesterday. They didn't say that there was a problem or anything, it actually sounded like my letter was lost in the mail.

They basically said that they would reprint the letter and send it out in yesterday's mail.

I know that results are out. I know someone who has passed and he now has an SE license number online.

I know that I currently don't an SE license number. I also know that I'm not the only one. :suicide1:

I haven't recieved anything yet, but I had called the board yesterday. They didn't say that there was a problem or anything, it actually sounded like my letter was lost in the mail.
They basically said that they would reprint the letter and send it out in yesterday's mail.

I know that results are out. I know someone who has passed and he now has an SE license number online.

I know that I currently don't an SE license number. I also know that I'm not the only one. :suicide1:
Same here kevo_55. I don't have my S.E. number either but I just wanted to know the refile dates and my diagnostic.

On another note, I think I'll give myself a little break from this S.E. thing. The whole experience and process drains the life out of me. I think I need to do something a little more encouraging.

My condolences to you and I for not getting our CA S.E. numbers. I'm sure it will happen in the future ... just not on this go around.

Maybe so, but don't count anything out until you get the diagnostic.

You might be able to have the essay portion of your exam re-graded.

Well, I still am knocking on wood but I do see the writing on the wall.

Hi Guys, i had the same problem...all of the results came out on 1/26 and that night i noticed that 80 new licenses were added (not mine). I waited for the letter until finally this past monday i decided to contact them to say WTF! They said i should already have received and that they would reissue me the letter. Well yesterday i checked the license server on a whim and my license had been added. I also received the reissued letter (which was dated 1/7/2011) in the mail late yesterday evening. I think there was some mixup with stuff at the office or something and they realized that they forgot to add me. I assumed i had failed the exam so i was shocked when i learned i had passed and am now an SE (still in shock). So don't give up, seems like they missed a couple of people...keep your fingers crossed! Good luck guys!

Hey congrats RetrofiT!!! :bananalama:

Thanks for sharing your story. It gives us some hope!

Hi Guys, i had the same problem...all of the results came out on 1/26 and that night i noticed that 80 new licenses were added (not mine). I waited for the letter until finally this past monday i decided to contact them to say WTF! They said i should already have received and that they would reissue me the letter. Well yesterday i checked the license server on a whim and my license had been added. I also received the reissued letter (which was dated 1/7/2011) in the mail late yesterday evening. I think there was some mixup with stuff at the office or something and they realized that they forgot to add me. I assumed i had failed the exam so i was shocked when i learned i had passed and am now an SE (still in shock). So don't give up, seems like they missed a couple of people...keep your fingers crossed! Good luck guys!
Retrofit,

You're awsome, dude! I was getting ready to praise kevo_55 for his optimism (I should be so optimistic) but then you shared your story! Therefore, I guess all hope is NOT lost.

Congratulations on being a newly minted CA S.E. You accomplished something only a few have so you deserve every bit of commendation. Enjoy your license!

Retrofit,

You're awsome, dude! I was getting ready to praise kevo_55 for his optimism (I should be so optimistic) but then you shared your story! Therefore, I guess all hope is NOT lost.

Congratulations on being a newly minted CA S.E. You accomplished something only a few have so you deserve every bit of commendation. Enjoy your license!

Thanks! Just read your posts and thought that maybe it's a good thing for you guys that they screwed up sending the letter??? the statistics said that 87 people passed the test and they had only put up like 78 licenses that day (although maybe there were people that didn't pass the SEII...although it would be highly unlikely to pass that redunkulously hard CA SE test and fail the SE II...they are clearly different levels of difficulty). Just thought that a little optimism would help! I was miserable the last two weeks just like you guys so i wish you the best!

^^ Thanks man!

Who knows biged, maybe they just lost the proof of our SEII passing somewhere.

Still, I know that anything can happen. I am still knocking on wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Thanks man!
Who knows biged, maybe they just lost the proof of our SEII passing somewhere.

Still, I know that anything can happen. I am still knocking on wood.
Thanks kevo_55. I hope I've passed the CA SESE but unfortunately, NCEES took away my wood to knock on when they told me I failed the SE II....

Sad, huh. Anyways, I'd love to know I passed something...

Thanks kevo_55. I hope I've passed the CA SESE but unfortunately, NCEES took away my wood to knock on when they told me I failed the SE II....
Sorry to hear that biged. I thought that you had passed it already just like me.

Sorry to hear that biged. I thought that you had passed it already just like me.

Yeah, me too. I was sure I passed it after taking it. However, it appears that wasn't the case. The diagnostic wasn't much help so I really don't know how to pass something like this. It seems like I really need to take a review course if I expect to do well.

congratulations retrofit! hope we post more good news on this forum soon.

I am one of those who have passed CA SEIII but failed with national SEII. I failed in Concrete portion, which I cannot believe. I am now trying to get my exam re-scored but I am not optismitic about it........

Retrofit,

Thanks! Just read your posts and thought that maybe it's a good thing for you guys that they screwed up sending the letter??? the statistics said that 87 people passed the test and they had only put up like 78 licenses that day (although maybe there were people that didn't pass the SEII...although it would be highly unlikely to pass that redunkulously hard CA SE test and fail the SE II...they are clearly different levels of difficulty). Just thought that a little optimism would help! I was miserable the last two weeks just like you guys so i wish you the best!

I am one of those who have passed CA SEIII but failed with national SEII. I failed in Concrete portion, which I cannot believe. I am now trying to get my exam re-scored but I am not optismitic about it........

Retrofit,

Thanks Jessie74. I don't feel like a total dork thanks to your post. This made my day!

bidEd: Sorry to hear about your SE II results. Don't give up hope. I "said" I was going to study for the WA SE III on my second try. But like most insane people, I did the same thing and expected different results. I will be prepping for the SE III, but I'm hoping to have get my personal life in order so that I can make room for the studying. It's very tough with 3 little boys in the house.

retrofit: I love your story. Congratulations! I can't imagine how proud you must feel! Make sure to celebrate in a big way because you have arrived at the threshold of SE supremacy! :eek:)

bidEd: Sorry to hear about your SE II results. Don't give up hope. I "said" I was going to study for the WA SE III on my second try. But like most insane people, I did the same thing and expected different results. I will be prepping for the SE III, but I'm hoping to have get my personal life in order so that I can make room for the studying. It's very tough with 3 little boys in the house.
retrofit: I love your story. Congratulations! I can't imagine how proud you must feel! Make sure to celebrate in a big way because you have arrived at the threshold of SE supremacy! :eek:)
Thanks McENGR, wish you all the best for the next exam!

Latest posts

Back