CA Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in San Francisco, and still waiting on the results (Electrical). Anyone else in the bay area who hasn't received a letter? Congrats to those who've passed the PE!
SF bay area people got their results on last Friday!

You were so CLOSE!! I feel your pain. I don't wish it on anyone. I too failed the Surveying with a score of 26. I think 30 is the cut off. I am very fortunate to pass the other two sections, thank God!

I got the letter live in Martinez. 0 for 3! Major bummer. 23 on Seismic and 29 on Surveying. Guess I know what I'm doing the next 3 months.

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/ap09stats.shtml

Cut score for Survey is 30/46

Cut score for Seismic is 25/50

Passed 8-hour & Survey, and my seismic score is 24...... OMFG missed 1 FREAKING point, I am about to kill myself right now.

Can I get any freaking closer.... I hope I can make the grade next time... SIGH..................... UNREAL

:smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs: :smileyballs:

Based on people who took the PE 10 times (5 years) told me.
If that's true (which I doubt), so what? From what we understand they adjust the passing score up or down to take difficulty into account, so what does it matter?

How did you know about the cutscores? Did they say anywhere?

Anyways my friend made 28/50 on Seismic and she did not pass. Therfore the cut score for Seismic is not 25/50.

How did you know about the cutscores? Did they say anywhere?Anyways my friend made 28/50 on Seismic and she did not pass. Therfore the cut score for Seismic is not 25/50.
Actually, look at the board website, thats what they mention there. But i thought the surveying had 50 questions, but board website says possible score is 46 and cutscore is 30/46. ??

Check the ca board site, 28 is a passing score in seismic.

As for survey possible score of 46, they probably threw out questions with errors.

Yes you are right. I just saw it. I think my friend who got 28/50 in Seismic needs a reevaluation.

I have 29/46 in Survey. Damn I missed by 1 point.

I got my letter on Saturday in Southern Cali, passed (third attempt on the seismic). Searched the database this morning and it is updated.

congrats to all those who passed! i'm one of the 182 in CA that didnt pass the electrical (power). did okay on all the power/rotating machinery/3ph stuff (75%, 68%, 65%) but circuits killed me (25%). damn circuits!! gonna give myself a year to study this time. anyone know any good circuits books??

Back